native.newTextField & native.newTextBox is not show any text on Android device, but only when first time launch app

Hello everyone,

I have Login scene that is use native.newTextField for username & password. And I have Create Account scene that use native.newTextField & native.newTextBox.

When I build it on Android and install it on device, the TextField & TextBox is show native keyboard normally. But when I try to fill the TextField & TextBox with some letters, the TextField & TextBox did not showing any text or any placeholder. The letter is there, but like invisible. Even I goto other scene, delete previous scene, and back again into Login or Create Account scene, it still not showing the text.

I also tried to re-create TextField & TextBox again after 3 seconds just to make sure it will show the text / placeholder or not, but the result is still did not show the text.

But it only happened when first time we install the app and launch it. For the second launch and so on, the text is shows normal. Maybe someone can help to give me the clue to fix this problem?

My Solar2D version is : 2021.3646

Regards,
Thank you.

try to force text color

txtBox:setTextColor(0)

it happened with me once on a Huawei phone so i had to force color

In cases like this, the problem is typically some conditional logic in your code. I’d recommend double checking your code, and if that doesn’t help, then create a small sample project that demonstrates your issue.