need help arranging my tiles in a logical way. everything lays out sort of randomly..

I’m using texturepacker with tiled and it would be helpful if i could arrange my sheet in a way where grouped tiles were stuck together.  

something like this

Tiles.TD.001.png

I’m trying to get my cloud to be stuck together in one shape so that its easy to select it as a whole in tiled

Right now I’m looking at this.  I want to move my clouds around to fit into one nice shape.  How can I do that?

mxYUnwg.png

The currently recommend way to create a tile sheet is using 

* algorithm = basic

* sort by = name

* trim / crop = none

* extrude=1 - but you’ll have to compensate for these additional pixels

thanks for the answer… but that doesnt give me any fine control of how the tiles are arranged.  i guess the problem is that i have an odd number of tiles.  makes it hard to line them up

I know… we are already working on a solution for that. But this required some additional steps we are currently performing: Storing settings each sprite. The upcoming version of TexturePacker will contain this - together with a pivot point editor.

The workaround to get it working at the moment would be to prefix your tiles with numbers and add transparent placeholders for the ones you want to be empty.

The currently recommend way to create a tile sheet is using 

* algorithm = basic

* sort by = name

* trim / crop = none

* extrude=1 - but you’ll have to compensate for these additional pixels

thanks for the answer… but that doesnt give me any fine control of how the tiles are arranged.  i guess the problem is that i have an odd number of tiles.  makes it hard to line them up

I know… we are already working on a solution for that. But this required some additional steps we are currently performing: Storing settings each sprite. The upcoming version of TexturePacker will contain this - together with a pivot point editor.

The workaround to get it working at the moment would be to prefix your tiles with numbers and add transparent placeholders for the ones you want to be empty.