Need relative position of Apple TV Remote trackpad events

I need a way to get the relative position of Apple TV Remote trackpad events.  I just can’t crack this one.  Any hints or links would be appreciated.

Specifically, I will be using the relative x and y positions to trigger events and control a character.  The PewPew sample app supports absolute positions meaning that there are only 8 possible movement directions.  I need 360 movement directions thus relative x and y positions.

Thanks!

Are you treating them as key events or axis events?

Rob

Axis events. . . I didn’t even consider key events since the input will be coming for the Apple Remote touchpad.  Hmmm. . . should I look into key events?

I was going to suggest to make sure to use axis events. You get very precise x and y values, so you should be able to compute a wide range of angles.

Rob

Are you treating them as key events or axis events?

Rob

Axis events. . . I didn’t even consider key events since the input will be coming for the Apple Remote touchpad.  Hmmm. . . should I look into key events?

I was going to suggest to make sure to use axis events. You get very precise x and y values, so you should be able to compute a wide range of angles.

Rob