Need to update iOS app but not touched Corona in years

Hi,

Not used Corona SDK in a while but had a notification from Apple that One of my apps hasn’t been updated in a while and was getting pulled from the Store. Something to do with guidelines etc…

Anyway I think it just needs optimising for iPhone X which I have done on the simulator but now I need to compile and upload to Apple AppStore but wasn’t sure of the situation with Corona changing over to Solar2D (I don’t even know if I can remember the steps to be honest).

I am running Corona SDK Version 3326.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

You should get the latest release from GitHub and start building.

You probably need to check the current situation of the plugins you’re using. There are 3 places that you can find the plugins: Free Plugins Directory, Solar2D Marketplace and the recently opened Solar2D Plugins.

2 Likes

I just went through the same thing. My app was out of the app stores for 4 years. Some functions in Corona/S2D were obsoleted and replaced. One you fire your app up again in the simulator you’ll see where the errors are generated and it should be easily to make the changes.
With iOS the biggest issue is that your app has to fill out the entire screen on all devices. So, if you’re using letter boxing you’ll need to modify your graphics. A member here publishes a simple app that will calculate for you the size of your background images to fit all iOS devices based on your app width and height. The bonus is this also works in Android so you will no longer see the black bars produced by letter boxing (although you still need to specify that in config.lua).

1 Like