New TILED version not supported!

Does anybody have a changed DUSK version which is working with the new TILED editor version?

As far as I know, Dusk hasn’t been updated for 3 to 4 years, so you’d have to update it yourself, create a tile loader yourself, or look into some alternatives, like PonyTiled.

I have this error when loading a TILED map:

Attempt to index local ‘key’ (a number value)

File: Dusk/dusk_core/misc/functions.lua
Line: 178

Is there a solution for fixing this, so the old dusk is working with the new TILED version?

Sure, dig into the code, and with an understanding of how tiled output has changed modify DUSK to read the new format.

The easiest way to approach this is.

1. Make very small example using OLD Tiled.

2. Export it.

3. Test it with DUSK.

Assuming it works as expected…

1. Make the same example with NEW tiled.

2. Export it.

3. By hand, compare the two exports and understand the difference(s).

4. Try to use DUSK with the new export.  

5. Go to the code that is pointed out in the error message.

6. Now, armed with your knowledge of the differences in formats, modify the code. 

Tip: This may be relatively easy, or very hard based on how DUSK is written, but I suspect that you can  easily fix DUSK by simply updating the code in DUSK that reads the Tiled export data.  Once that code is fixed my guess is, all the rest of DUSK will continue to work as expected. 

So… start with the code that actually does the loading and work your way to the error code location.

PS - I’m not being flippant by the way.  This is how I would solve this problem.  I doubt anyone has a working fix, because (as has been pointed out) DUSK is old.  Thus it is a DIY situation.  :slight_smile:

As far as I know, Dusk hasn’t been updated for 3 to 4 years, so you’d have to update it yourself, create a tile loader yourself, or look into some alternatives, like PonyTiled.

I have this error when loading a TILED map:

Attempt to index local ‘key’ (a number value)

File: Dusk/dusk_core/misc/functions.lua
Line: 178

Is there a solution for fixing this, so the old dusk is working with the new TILED version?

Sure, dig into the code, and with an understanding of how tiled output has changed modify DUSK to read the new format.

The easiest way to approach this is.

1. Make very small example using OLD Tiled.

2. Export it.

3. Test it with DUSK.

Assuming it works as expected…

1. Make the same example with NEW tiled.

2. Export it.

3. By hand, compare the two exports and understand the difference(s).

4. Try to use DUSK with the new export.  

5. Go to the code that is pointed out in the error message.

6. Now, armed with your knowledge of the differences in formats, modify the code. 

Tip: This may be relatively easy, or very hard based on how DUSK is written, but I suspect that you can  easily fix DUSK by simply updating the code in DUSK that reads the Tiled export data.  Once that code is fixed my guess is, all the rest of DUSK will continue to work as expected. 

So… start with the code that actually does the loading and work your way to the error code location.

PS - I’m not being flippant by the way.  This is how I would solve this problem.  I doubt anyone has a working fix, because (as has been pointed out) DUSK is old.  Thus it is a DIY situation.  :slight_smile: