Newbie Problems - Cannot load my tile test app

I’m certain I’ve missed something simple, but I cannot get a test app to load.  Any assistance would be awesome.

Every time I try to run, I get this error:

ERROR: Runtime error /TileTest/Dusk/dusk\_core/misc/functions.lua:53: attempt to index local 'path' (a nil value) stack traceback: /TileTest/Dusk/dusk\_core/misc/functions.lua:53: in function 'getDirectory' /TileTest/Dusk/dusk\_core/load/tilesets.lua:53: in function 'get' /TileTest/Dusk/dusk\_core/core.lua:153: in function 'buildMap' /TileTest/Dusk/Dusk.lua:46: in function 'buildMap' /TileTest/main.lua:10: in main chunk

I built a simple 10x10 map in Tiled 0.16.0 with a single image for a tile, and I exported the map to JSON.

I have the latest version of Dusk (downloaded today) at the root of the project folder.  The JSON file and image are both at the root of the project folder, too.

main.lua only has two lines

local dusk = require("Dusk.Dusk") local map = dusk.buildMap("tiles.json")

The tiles.json file contains

{ "height":10, "layers":[{ "compression":"zlib", "data":"eJxjYBgcgHEA1VJLDTUAAAUYAAY=", "encoding":"base64", "height":10, "name":"Tile Layer 1", "opacity":1, "type":"tilelayer", "visible":true, "width":10, "x":0, "y":0 }], "nextobjectid":1, "orientation":"orthogonal", "renderorder":"right-down", "tileheight":70, "tilesets":[{ "columns":0, "firstgid":1, "margin":0, "name":"tiles", "spacing":0, "tilecount":1, "tileheight":70, "tiles": { "0": { "image":"box.png" } }, "tilewidth":70 }], "tilewidth":70, "version":1, "width":10 }

For the sake of clarity, does Dusk expect a single tilesheet image for each Tiled tileset?  I was using individual images in the tileset to cut down on clutter while I’m getting my bearings.  Looks like that actually increased my confusion.

I replaced the individual images with a single tilesheet, and my test now loads and displays in the simulator.

Sorry about this - Dusk does currently only support tileset image-based tilesets, no separated images for now. I’ll have to announce the current motto for Dusk: That’s a-comin’ in version 1.0!™ Tiled originally only supported image slice tilesets, so that’s what Dusk is mostly tooled for.

• Caleb

No need to apologize to us free-loaders!  You’ve saved us tons of time and kept us from recreating everything.

Looking forward to 1.0 and more great things!

For the sake of clarity, does Dusk expect a single tilesheet image for each Tiled tileset?  I was using individual images in the tileset to cut down on clutter while I’m getting my bearings.  Looks like that actually increased my confusion.

I replaced the individual images with a single tilesheet, and my test now loads and displays in the simulator.

Sorry about this - Dusk does currently only support tileset image-based tilesets, no separated images for now. I’ll have to announce the current motto for Dusk: That’s a-comin’ in version 1.0!™ Tiled originally only supported image slice tilesets, so that’s what Dusk is mostly tooled for.

• Caleb

No need to apologize to us free-loaders!  You’ve saved us tons of time and kept us from recreating everything.

Looking forward to 1.0 and more great things!