Newbie question about IAP in general

Hi all, I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but I don’t even know what happens when a user gets through the purchasing process and they actually have an IAP item.  Does a new module download that I can require and use in my app?  Are upgrades and bonuses handled directly in the throwback function?  Does the purchase download a json file of items that I can then load as a table?  Or are all of these possibilities?  If so, which is the most effective?

Hi @bam14,

Well, as a general concept, an IAP is basically just a method to take some action within your app. If they buy some item, then you would need to handle that in your app code to reflect that they bought it… for example, add that item to the player’s inventory. If they buy an IAP that removes banner ads, then you’d need to store that setting in the app’s data and prevent ads from showing up further down the line. In other words, IAP is only a representation of something in the app… neither Apple, Google, or Amazon will control that aspect directly within your app.

Take care,

Brent

Thanks Brent, I am much enlightened.

Hi @bam14,

Well, as a general concept, an IAP is basically just a method to take some action within your app. If they buy some item, then you would need to handle that in your app code to reflect that they bought it… for example, add that item to the player’s inventory. If they buy an IAP that removes banner ads, then you’d need to store that setting in the app’s data and prevent ads from showing up further down the line. In other words, IAP is only a representation of something in the app… neither Apple, Google, or Amazon will control that aspect directly within your app.

Take care,

Brent

Thanks Brent, I am much enlightened.