No implementation file was provided for the .winmd file

Now, I’m not sure if CoronaCards is supposed on projects that have been upgraded inside Visual Studio from 8.0 to 8.1, so if not, then I apologise.

I’m getting error 2001 when I submit my application to the store. (Uploaded XAP successfully, and then submitted for certification). The error links to this page:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/uwp/publish/resolve-submission-errors

Now, one of those errors is a lack of entry point in a winmd file, and the only warning or error in visual studio is below. Does anyone have any experience of building an 8.1 phone and submitting it to the windows store? Have you had this warning?

I’m using CoronaCards.WP8.2016.2879

Warning No implementation file was provided for the .winmd file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\CoronaLabs.Corona.Framework\16.0.2879.0\References\CommonConfiguration\neutral\OpenAL.winmd'. To generate registration information in the app manifest, specify the 'Implementation' metadata on the .winmd reference item in the project file. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\AppxPackage\Microsoft.AppXPackage.Targets

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t recommend that you upgrade your project to 8.1.

By doing so, you’ll lose support for 8.0 devices.

That is, for Windows Phone app projects, you target the minimum OS version you want to support (which is the opposite of how it works on Android and iOS).  Newer Windows Phone OS version such as 8.1 and 10 will support your 8.0 built app just fine.

If you stick to 8.0, then you’ll be able to upload your app just fine.

I don’t recommend that you upgrade your project to 8.1.

By doing so, you’ll lose support for 8.0 devices.

That is, for Windows Phone app projects, you target the minimum OS version you want to support (which is the opposite of how it works on Android and iOS).  Newer Windows Phone OS version such as 8.1 and 10 will support your 8.0 built app just fine.

If you stick to 8.0, then you’ll be able to upload your app just fine.