No users after update..

Hi, 

Just installed the update. when I click on Users tab it says I have no active users, along with the following message:

No Application Scopes Found

To learn more about Scopes see the Application Scope section in the documentation.

If you’ve already added a Scope as outlined in the documentation, visit the Webmin Scopes section.

When I click on the Scopes tab, my scopes are all there (I have updated Scopes cache).\

When I try and create a new user, the new users are not showing up either. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Assuming you are using Google Chrome can you try a hard refresh please. Control-click on the “reload this page” icon.

Should be the same for Mac and Windows.

-dev

Hi,

Trying a number of different approaches, I am unable to recreate this issue.

Are you hosting on DigitalOcean or AWS?

-dev

AWS. I tried a hard refresh and still nothing.

This only happens after I do updates, not a fresh install

Also this may be related - when I click on System info, my coronium core version is not showing up. It says:

Coronium Core: v | Webmin: v2.0.0-beta

Seems like something is broken…

Hi,

What browser are you using? The missing version number would indicate that it’s not saving the session data for the Webmin, which is also where the current scope is stored, so that would explain why the users don’t show up.

The thing that is strange is the session data should be removed when you close the Webmin.

I tried using the update path, with some existing users, and was not able to recreate the issue on DigitalOcean. Will try AWS today, but it appears its browser related since the session data is not being stored.

Not sure why it is different using a fresh install, unless its on a new IP which would make sense.

The recommended browser is Google Chrome for the Webmin. Let me know.

-dev

Hi,

Another thing. Make sure ALL Webmin windows are closed, and then try with an incognito window (File->New Incognito Window).

Also, take a look at the pages.log and tell me if you see anything interesting in there.

From what you’ve told me so far, I’m positive its purely cosmetic, if you check the coronium users database, I bet your old and new users are in there.

-dev

Hi,

Assuming you are using Google Chrome can you try a hard refresh please. Control-click on the “reload this page” icon.

Should be the same for Mac and Windows.

-dev

Hi,

Trying a number of different approaches, I am unable to recreate this issue.

Are you hosting on DigitalOcean or AWS?

-dev

AWS. I tried a hard refresh and still nothing.

This only happens after I do updates, not a fresh install

Also this may be related - when I click on System info, my coronium core version is not showing up. It says:

Coronium Core: v | Webmin: v2.0.0-beta

Seems like something is broken…

Hi,

What browser are you using? The missing version number would indicate that it’s not saving the session data for the Webmin, which is also where the current scope is stored, so that would explain why the users don’t show up.

The thing that is strange is the session data should be removed when you close the Webmin.

I tried using the update path, with some existing users, and was not able to recreate the issue on DigitalOcean. Will try AWS today, but it appears its browser related since the session data is not being stored.

Not sure why it is different using a fresh install, unless its on a new IP which would make sense.

The recommended browser is Google Chrome for the Webmin. Let me know.

-dev

Hi,

Another thing. Make sure ALL Webmin windows are closed, and then try with an incognito window (File->New Incognito Window).

Also, take a look at the pages.log and tell me if you see anything interesting in there.

From what you’ve told me so far, I’m positive its purely cosmetic, if you check the coronium users database, I bet your old and new users are in there.

-dev