not a valid Corona path problem

Hello,
When I run a test sample in project manager I get this error.
Error: Requested -project file (/var/folders/x7/2tjjq0m16xz44q46dvft7n9r0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/18) is not a valid Corona path/file

This sometimes happens with my own files.
I run it on osx lion. I tried it with the corona test samples. thay all have the main config files etc in the folder.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
I looked on the forum but the only other post that had this didn’t give a solution. [import]uid: 100901 topic_id: 17390 reply_id: 317390[/import]

If you hold down Option+Command when you hit the Launch button a Finder window will open showing the location of the files that are being passed to the simulator. Switch back to CPM and hit OK, then the Finder window will show the files.

If you do that you can see exactly what files are “in play.”

Anything weird?

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 17390 reply_id: 65836[/import]

Hello,
When I do that it points me to a te,p folder the one mentioned above in which the files I want to run are not present. There are two folders present bu that are two different test files. No cue why it wants to run files Ina temp folder. [import]uid: 100901 topic_id: 17390 reply_id: 65898[/import]

When the Finder window first shows up, it should be empty. Then go back to CPM, click the OK button on the dialog that popped up, and then when you go back to the Finder window the files should be there.

(It pauses CPM between deleting any old files and copying the needed files so you can see exactly what files are being copied.)

The reason CPM runs files from a temp folder is so it can handle things like Dynamic Assets and gives it the ability to include files that are actually a part of another project.

For example, if you’re using the Director class to do screen changes in your Corona app, you don’t have to have a copy of Director in each project folder on your hard drive. Just drag that Director file from one CPM project to another – only ONE copy of that file exists on your hard drive, but every project you drag it into can make use of it…

…because all needed files are copied to a temp folder and then passed to the Corona Simulator.

If I ran the project from the original folder on your hard drive you wouldn’t have NEARLY the power that CPM currently gives you.

If you can send me a couple screenshots of your CPM setup I can probably tell you what’s happening. What I’d like to see is a screenshot of the asset list of the project you’re trying to run, plus a screenshot of that project’s properties (right-click on the project and choose Edit Project). If you can do that, send them to j AT jawhye DOT com and I’ll probably be able to see what’s happening.

Jay

[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 17390 reply_id: 65903[/import]

Will do when I get home.  The package looks really promising.  So I hope I can get it to work. In some ways it works better than Xcode. So nice job.  
Going to send windows and sox screens probably cause I had the problem on both systems.  

Thanks for your help

Tayari Alberga [import]uid: 100901 topic_id: 17390 reply_id: 65922[/import]

Problem solved by removing everything from my system including the files in my library.
Reinstalled. Made sure the projects in the sidebar had no folders in them. It works now. [import]uid: 100901 topic_id: 17390 reply_id: 66324[/import]

Glad you got it going.

For anyone else following this, the problem isn’t folders in projects, it’s folders in projects where the folders contain projects. :slight_smile:

The next update to CPM will work a little differently so hopefully this kind of confusion won’t happen.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 17390 reply_id: 66333[/import]