Object casting using "enterFrame" instead of timer.performWithDelay

Hello, this topic is conected from [this].(Timer still iterate even when it crash. - #3 by morethanamotion) I’m happy to share to you that I unexpectedly discover how to simultaneously cast object using an “enterFrame” listener as replacement for timer.performWithDelay()

Using the “enterFrame” Runtime Event listener, I calculate the event.frame’s %(modulo) to 100 under the local base variable, and every time that base is equal to 0, a rectangle is casted:

local castBullet
	local bullet

local function Berserk( event )
		local goframe = event.frame
		local base = goframe % 100 ---> change this value to have faster iteration. istead of 100, try lower or higher. But I sugest, it is much better if it is divisible by 5 (:

if ( base == 0 ) then
			bullet = display.newRect(display.contentCenterX, display.contentCenterY, 100, 50)
			bullet.rotation = math.random(0, 360)

end
		local rotationInRadians = bullet.rotation*math.pi/180
		local movementPerFrame = 3
		local xMovement = math.cos(rotationInRadians)*movementPerFrame
		local yMovement = math.sin(rotationInRadians)*movementPerFrame

bullet.x = bullet.x + xMovement
		bullet.y = bullet.y + yMovement
	end

Runtime:addEventListener("enterFrame", Berserk)

Now, even you hold down the minimize or close(x) button of the simulator, it will pause but it will still continue from the time it paused when you released.

I hope that it helped you, You’re welcome in advance. I will be very happy for all opinions, suggestions, advice and more. Thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.