Object User Properties

I often want to set the user properties of an object in Level Director, but I don’t like the interface for doing that.  Currently to set a user property we have to click on the Object Properties field and a new modal dialog box opens where we have to add the property, name it, enter the key, and enter a value.  The interface doesn’t seem very responsive and it sometimes takes several clicks for a field to receive focus.  Trying to copy fields from one object to another becomes a very time-consuming process.

I was wondering if it would be possible to enter object user properties directly on the side panel rather than in a modal dialog box.  I realize that is a pretty radical feature request but it would improve my workflow pipeline immensely.  It would be even better if I could copy entire property fields to the clipboard.

Thanks,

Erik

The idea of the modal box is to allow you to add or delete multiple items in one go, but I appreciate it can be time consuming if you only need to add a single property.

I am working on a new cross platform version of LD and the user properties work in a similar way to what you describe but for the current version of LD it will have to remain the same.

Another tip is to add your properties at the asset level so they propagate down to each instance of the objects (unless each object has unique properties of course).

Okay, thanks for the info.  I’ll probably try to set the properties at the asset level for now.

The idea of the modal box is to allow you to add or delete multiple items in one go, but I appreciate it can be time consuming if you only need to add a single property.

I am working on a new cross platform version of LD and the user properties work in a similar way to what you describe but for the current version of LD it will have to remain the same.

Another tip is to add your properties at the asset level so they propagate down to each instance of the objects (unless each object has unique properties of course).

Okay, thanks for the info.  I’ll probably try to set the properties at the asset level for now.