On android, mergeDebugAssets FAILED

Hello!

I’m working with Corona Native, and I have a problem while building my application from the command line. When I run the command: 

export ANDROID_HOME=/Users/hahe/Library/Android/sdk

cd android

./build.sh

ADB tells me that: 

:app:mergeDebugAssets FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ‘:app:mergeDebugAssets’.

> unable to create new native thread

I’m not sure what’s causing this error. Is it possible that it has to do with using Corona plugins with the native building process? I have seen a post about a similar issue (https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/63434-hiccups-with-android-studio-build-process-failed-to-load-and-execute-mainlua/), but I don’t see any intermediates folder that would be affected by the solution discussed there. I’m lost! Any help, please?

Cheers

First, disable Instant Run. Second, make a clean rebuild of your project: Build -> Rebuild Project. If this two didn’t help it means that you have same resources in two places. What going on really depends on what plugins are you using.

Thanks @vlads for the tip! The project is clean, just checked out from the git repo by Jenkins CI, then compiled in command line by Corona without problems. The problem appears when we try to make it compile with Corona native script for Android. The same code with other configuration creates the APK without issue in command line and the Corona native script for Android. Android Studio is never open in the whole building process. We will check in for any cause there same resource is placed in at least two places, and post you if we have fixed it.

Cheers!

First, disable Instant Run. Second, make a clean rebuild of your project: Build -> Rebuild Project. If this two didn’t help it means that you have same resources in two places. What going on really depends on what plugins are you using.

Thanks @vlads for the tip! The project is clean, just checked out from the git repo by Jenkins CI, then compiled in command line by Corona without problems. The problem appears when we try to make it compile with Corona native script for Android. The same code with other configuration creates the APK without issue in command line and the Corona native script for Android. Android Studio is never open in the whole building process. We will check in for any cause there same resource is placed in at least two places, and post you if we have fixed it.

Cheers!