Opening a .ldf file from Level Director 2.9.4 in LDX

Hi,

I found level director 2.9.4 and was able to open my file, is there any way to open or import a .ldf file in Level Director X?

Hi,

LDX cannot directly load the old .ldf files as the structure is different, but there is a utility on GitHub that does a good job of converting basic files.
https://github.com/RetrofitProductions/LevelDirector-to-LDX-Conversion

I tried the utility, the conversion worked, but when I tried to load the levels in LDX, I get the error "Frame ID does not exist in assets image:0 Line 3, Column 75

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?><level version=“1.0” width=“11000” height=“10000” target=“0” backgroundcolor="-9868951" gravityX=“0” gravityY=“0” parallaxinfinite=“false” name=“level1”>
<assets firstgid=“1” name=“grass1_png”  width=“590” height=“590”> <image source=“Images/grass1.png” width=“590” height=“590”/>
 <asset frame=“0” name=“grass1_png” export=“1” x=“0” y=“0” w=“590” h=“590”> </asset>
</assets>

I know this is not really a support issue, but can you give me any guidance on how to fix this?

Thanks, Greg

Hi Greg,

Please could you email me your converted projected and I’ll take a look.

support@retrofitproductions.com

Thanks

Thanks for your help, the export from LD to LDX worked great and I am now up and running in LDX.

Greg

Hi,

LDX cannot directly load the old .ldf files as the structure is different, but there is a utility on GitHub that does a good job of converting basic files.
https://github.com/RetrofitProductions/LevelDirector-to-LDX-Conversion

I tried the utility, the conversion worked, but when I tried to load the levels in LDX, I get the error "Frame ID does not exist in assets image:0 Line 3, Column 75

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?><level version=“1.0” width=“11000” height=“10000” target=“0” backgroundcolor="-9868951" gravityX=“0” gravityY=“0” parallaxinfinite=“false” name=“level1”>
<assets firstgid=“1” name=“grass1_png”  width=“590” height=“590”> <image source=“Images/grass1.png” width=“590” height=“590”/>
 <asset frame=“0” name=“grass1_png” export=“1” x=“0” y=“0” w=“590” h=“590”> </asset>
</assets>

I know this is not really a support issue, but can you give me any guidance on how to fix this?

Thanks, Greg

Hi Greg,

Please could you email me your converted projected and I’ll take a look.

support@retrofitproductions.com

Thanks

Thanks for your help, the export from LD to LDX worked great and I am now up and running in LDX.

Greg