OSX Invalid build

Hi,

i try to upload my OsX app to mac app store, i create all certificate needed,

i create the package and send to store with application loader, all its ok but after the upload i receive this email from apple

(my app have an invalid signature)

Dear developer, We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "xxxxxxxx". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected: Invalid Signature - This error occurs when you have signed your app's installer incorrectly. There are two certs required for this process: the "3rd Party Mac Developer Application" cert and the "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer" cert. When signing your package, you need to ensure that you are using the Installer cert to sign your package. Ensure that you are specifying this cert when submitting your app via the Xcode Organizer or when running productbuild from the command line. Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary. Regards, The App Store team

and this is my build.settings file

settings =   {      -- General parameters   orientation =    { default   = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeRight" }    },   -- OsX and Windows parameters   window =    {     defaultMode = "fullscreen",    },   -- OsX parameters   osx =    {     plist =      {       CFBundleShortVersionString = "1.1.0", -- ???      }    },   -- iOS parameters   iphone =    {     plist =      {  UIStatusBarHidden           = false,  UIPrerenderedIcon           = true,  -- Set to false for "shine" overlay  --UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true,  -- Uncomment to quit app on suspend       UIAppFonts = { "data/fonts/fonts.ttf" },       CFBundleShortVersionString = "1.1.0",       --[[      -- iOS app URL schemes:       CFBundleURLTypes =        {          {           CFBundleURLSchemes =            {             "fbXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", -- Example scheme for facebook             "coronasdkapp",     -- Example second scheme            }          }        }       --]] }    },   -- Android parameters (remove for full version)   android =    {     usesPermissions =      {       "android.permission.INTERNET",      },    },      -- Exclude some files for different targets   excludeFiles =    {     iphone  = {                "Icon-xxxhdpi.png", "Icon-xxhdpi.png", "Icon-xhdpi.png", "Icon-hdpi.png", "Icon-mdpi.png", "Icon-ldpi.png",                "Icon-osx.icns",                "data/sounds/fx/\*.ogg", "data/sounds/music/\*.ogg"               },     android = {                "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Default-568h@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png",                "Icon-osx.icns",                "data/sounds/fx/\*.aac", "data/sounds/music/\*.aac"               },     osx     = {                "Icon-xxxhdpi.png", "Icon-xxhdpi.png", "Icon-xhdpi.png", "Icon-hdpi.png", "Icon-mdpi.png", "Icon-ldpi.png",                "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Default-568h@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png",                "data/sounds/fx/\*.aac", "data/sounds/music/\*.aac" -- Va bene lasciare gli ".ogg" per OsX ???               },    },        plugins =    {     -- Enable Admob plugin  (remove for full version)     -- ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },    },  }

Any idea ???  <_<

Your build.settings are not likely the cause of your issues. I don’t recommend specifying the short version string and let Corona SDK’s dialog box work for you.

The message is pretty clear. When you create your provisioning profile for OS X apps in the provisioning portal, there are two choices for distribution apps. Just like iOS where AdHoc lets you install directly to a device without going through the store and Distribution for the store allows you do install from the store. OS X does the same thing, there is one that lets you distribute your own OS X apps (3rd Party Mac Developer Application certificate) and on that you use if Apple is going to distribute it through the Mac store (3rd Party Mac Developer _ Installer _ certificate).

You have to create the installer version in the provisioning portal, which may require you to create an additional certificate. Once you build with the right provisioning profile (that uses the installer certificate), then you can resubmit your app.

Rob

Yes i already do it, i create both certificate “installer” and “application” , i build the app with the installer certificate but my app was reject (invalid signature) please help me  :frowning:

I attach some images

My app build configuration and certificate

build.jpg

Pkg creation config (with certificates) … i think is correct 

but do not work (invalid build)  :frowning:

pkg.jpg

Which version of CoronaSDK are you using?

Run this Terminal command to turn on verbose build logging:

defaults write com.coronalabs.Corona\_Simulator debugBuildProcess 2&nbsp;

and then build your app and PM me the *complete* Corona Console log (click on the Console and press ⌘A⌘C then paste it into a message) and I’ll if anything leaps out.

You can turn off verbose building logging again by running the Terminal command:

defaults delete com.coronalabs.Corona\_Simulator debugBuildProcess

i send you a PM bye :slight_smile:

Actually all my build for osx still invalid after upload to app store, please help!!! :(  :(  :frowning:

Absolutely the same problem for me. Did you find a solution? thanks. 

Have you done the steps above that Perry outlined to generate a deeper debugging console log?

I have send Perry a debugging log

I am getting this same bug and can’t get my build submitted to the Mac App Store.  I get the same email above stating:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for “[APP NAME]”. To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Invalid Signature  - This error occurs when you have signed your app’s installer incorrectly. There are two certs required for this process: the “3rd Party Mac Developer Application” cert and the “3rd Party Mac Developer Installer” cert. When signing your package, you need to ensure that you are using the Installer cert to sign your package. Ensure that you are specifying this cert when submitting your app via the Xcode Organizer or when running productbuild from the command line.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

The issue is that I’ve already revoked and regenerated both my developer and installer certs multiple times now, reinstalled Corona, tried everything and for some reason it’s still thinking this build is invalid because my certs are invalid.  I clearly have a developer cert and installer cert installed, and have regenerated and reinstalled my provisioning profile as well…

Please help!

A question for everyone seeing this problem …

Did this start all of a sudden after previous successful submissions to iTunes Connect or is this the first time you’ve tried submitting your app?

If you submitted successfully previously, was it with the same version of CoronaSDK or a different one?

This is the first time I ever try to upload any OSX app to itunes. No problem with iOS.

I have tried with different SDK versions, of course, the last one available.

One thing I’ve noticed in one of the logs I’ve received is that the built app was going through Dropbox which was messing up the letter case of some of the filenames (a known Dropbox issue).  If Dropbox is involved in your build process, you should eliminate it and see if that fixes the issue (be sure not to try to build to a copy of the app that has ever been on Dropbox by deleting the output “.app” folder completely).

NOTE: there may be multiple reasons Apple rejects apps with this message … so don’t assume the solutions are the same for everyone.

No way. I have tried to create a new pkg completely outside dropbox, but I still receive the same msg from Apple.

Same here…  Still receiving this issue.  

In answer to your question Perry, this is the first time I’ve tried to submit an OSX build… Yesterday I went through and created OS X Installer and Application certs, regenerated my provisioning profiles and application IDs, restarted Corona, and I’m still getting this issue.

Here’s a screen of my build prompt to choose certs:

osx-build-error.png

@borderleap  What do you see if you search for “3rd” in Keychain Access?

It’s possible people seeing this problem have invalid certificates due to the expiry of Apple’s intermediate certificate.  More information can be found at https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/ which includes the statement:

The previous Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Intermediate Certificate expired on February 14, 2016

Clearly we need to check the certificates more thoroughly before trying to use them though, in our defense, utilities like codesign don’t flag this kind of thing at all.

I agree with you. The problem was mine. I have an incongruent state on my certificate to solve. Thank for the help !

AH…  I just downloaded and installed that cert and my two Developer/Installer certs went from invalid to valid inside Keychain Access.  Going to try a new build and submission now and will report back here when done…  Thanks Perry!

Nate