Outdated Android Library- androidx.fragment:fragment

You are a legend @Scott_Harrison … it works. thank you so much

I’m having same issue. I recently updated all apps to use Applovin max. I’ve added a few adapters like Google admob and unity, that is all.
I’m still getting warnings about androidx fragment

Unfortunately you’ve broken builds with any solar not targeting API 33. Can you fix this please.

A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CheckAarMetadataWorkAction
16:43:03.696     > The minCompileSdk (33) specified in a
16:43:03.696       dependency's AAR metadata (META-INF/com/android/build/gradle/aar-metadata.properties)
16:43:03.696       is greater than this module's compileSdkVersion (android-32).
16:43:03.696       Dependency: androidx.fragment:fragment:1.6.1

Fixed, please rebuild

I deleted the plugins folder and rebuilt but the error is still the same. This is for Unity ads btw.

Using Applovin Max, I have removed all adapters and still got the error. Only when I removed the Applovin max plug-in did the Error go.
Will Applovin Max plug-in be updated to remove this error ?
Also will some adapters also need updating? Will need to know which ones not to use.

It’s not a permanent fix, but if you need to build now, you can force the version of AppLovinMax and it’s plugins back to whichever version was working for you previously.

This is about the androidx fragment error issue. I’m guessing an older version won’t have a later version of fragment.

Sorry- that was for SGS who wasn’t able to build with the new plugin when targeting API 32.

No worries. I have no idea what it going on with applovin max for updates . Might have to go back to doing it all native

You do realize the just removing the fragment doesn’t “fix it”. Even I can see it is hard coded to API 33… why can’t you?

I just published fixed

@Scott_Harrison Can you please tell me which of my plugin is causing the fragment warning.
“plugin.reviewPopUp”
“plugin.google.iap.billing.v2”
“CoronaProvider.native.popup.activity”
“CoronaProvider.native.popup.social”
“plugin.notifications.v2”

Hey @Scott_Harrison Today I’ve updated one of my apps and is causing this warning.
My plugins are:

“CoronaProvider.native.popup.social”
“plugin.gpgs.v3”
“plugin.notifications.v2”

Hi folks,
Anyone still seeing this warning?

1 Like

Not me- I’m back to my usual two: No deobfuscation file and my app is unavailable in Korea. :joy:

1 Like

I still have this message for one of my apps. The only 2 plugins I use for that app are:

["plugin.firebaseAnalytics"]={publisherId="tech.scotth",marketplaceId="luu55n",supportedPlatforms={android=true,["android-kindle"]=true,iphone=true}},
["plugin.firebaseConfig"]={publisherId="tech.scotth",marketplaceId="luu55n",supportedPlatforms={android=true,iphone=true}},

@Scott_Harrison i think the latest update you made to the admob plugin to fix the problem above has brought back the androidx.fragment:fragment problem, just uploaded a new build with only admob and this warning is back :frowning:

I can confirm the latest version v39 of admob has brought back the androidx.fragment:fragment problem
i just uploaded another build forcing v38 and the warning disappears.

1 Like

I removed the static fragment setting, I thought admob would have include the new version, will add this back

1 Like