Outdated Android Library- androidx.fragment:fragment

I just received a brand new warning with my most-recent .aab upload to Google Play:

The developer of androidx.fragment:fragment (androidx.fragment:fragment) has reported version 1.0.0 as outdated. Consider upgrading to one of the following versions before publishing a new release: 1.1.0+.

A bit of quick searching revealed this:
https://androidx.tech/artifacts/fragment/fragment/

tldr: It’s a library. Does anyone know what this is and how to go about updating it?

1 Like

Recently I’ve just updated one of my apps and Google has show me this message:

Warning

The developer of androidx.fragment:fragment (androidx.fragment:fragment) has reported version 1.0.0 as outdated. Consider upgrading to one of the following versions before publishing a new release: 1.1.0+.

Learn more about the SDKs that you’re using and make informed SDK choices with Google Play SDK Index.

My app only uses the plugins pasteboard, admob, google billing v2 and notifications v2

Version 1.0.0 is very old and dates from 2018. IIRC androidx was part of the 64 bit compiles.

Should be simple to update to the latest version as long as nothing breaks (famous last words).

https://androidx.tech/artifacts/fragment/fragment/1.0.0

1 Like

You got that right. :joy:

Do you happen to know where this lives? I’m happy to open an issue on GitHub, but I’d like to do it in the right place. (My gut is in the Engine main repository, but some confirmation would be helpful.)

Hello,
I have the same mistake here.
How to fix solve this problem please ?
Should I take the latest build ?

Thanks.

We(Solar2D) probably need to bump up the google play services version sometime soon, for now this seems like just a warning

Has anyone been able to solve it? I still receive these warnings in my apps.

I don’t know if it is this or the implementation of the Adomb Consent Form but one of my apps have been an increase in ANR since the last update.

I don’t know if it is this or the implementation of the Adomb Consent Form but one of my apps have been an increase in ANR since the last update.

In my case I have compiled some of my applications with build 2023.3692 and the anrs and failure rate has gone up considerably, but I have rebuild these applications with version 2023.3690 and the failure rates and anrs are back to normal. without making changes to the code. so I assume there is something wrong with build 3692.

Getting the same warning on both of my apps as well.

Hello, I continue to get this mistake despite I use the most recent version of CoronaSDK/Solar2D “Solar2D 2023.3695”

What can I do to remove this mistake ?

Thank you.
Yvan.

I just pushed out new update for Notifications v2 for 2023.3693+ which will silence this warning

Hey @Scott_Harrison some of our apps don’t use notifications v2 and with 3695 we still get this warning. seems like something in the core is causing it?

I uploaded my sample which contains no plugins and do not get this warning.
What plugins are you using?

Okay issue is with Unity Ads it appears

I included Unity Ads and get that warning

for simplest terms, the app that uses the least plugins we have gives the fragment warning.
It only uses:

plugin.admob
plugin.google.iap.billing.v2

That app was built with 3693

Just pushed tweaks to ‘plugin.admob’ and ‘plugin.unityads.v4’ to patch this warning

Thanks,
Scott

2 Likes

So just tested and tried to build that same app. with 3695 and only admob and billing.v2

and am getting an error in the console when trying to build.

* What went wrong:
14:22:05.053  Execution failed for task ':App:checkReleaseDuplicateClasses'.
14:22:05.053  > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CheckDuplicatesRunnable
14:22:05.053     > Duplicate class kotlin.collections.jdk8.CollectionsJDK8Kt found in modules jetified-kotlin-stdlib-1.8.20 (org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:1.8.20) and jetified-kotlin-stdlib-jdk8-1.6.21 (org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib-jdk8:1.6.21)
14:22:05.053       Duplicate class kotlin.internal.jdk7.JDK7PlatformImplementations found in modules jetified-kotlin-stdlib-1.8.20 (org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:1.8.20) and jetified-kotlin-stdlib-jdk7-1.6.21 (org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib-jdk7:1.6.21)

further to the above post. if i build on v34 of admob with below in build settings. the build succeeds.

["plugin.admob"] =
        {
            publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
            supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true },
            version = "v34",
        },

Try v37 (the newest version)

1 Like