OUYA Plugin?

Any news on an OUYA plugin?

+1    I just got my OUYA (with extra control) on Friday.  I’ve used the partial implementation: http://developer.coronalabs.com/code/ouya-support   for the controller to key mappings, and it works pretty well! 

I upgraded my GigJam48 entry since the competition, and added the (limited) OUYA controller support to the game, and it works like a champ!  I didn’t hook up the UI, but was able to navigate with the touch pad on the controller. (it shows a mouse cursor, and allows you to touch, swipe (with practice) and tap.

We would need a module (gluon plugin?) to communicate with their ‘store’ for sure…All games must have a free to play component,  and also a full implementation of the controller.

Anyone else order / get an OUYA and put a build on it yet?

The partial support is great but we really need twin analogue sticks. We can wait for the store!

We’re actively working on general HID-based controller support right now, which includes OUYA. Our Android team is swamped, so don’t have an ETA…

Thanks for the update. When Ouya asked about a release date for our game I told them July so hopefully that will be enough time.

I am releasing my game on Ouya, too. Just working on a promo video for E3 right now and I am going to mention CoronaLabs aswell. The game works very well even without full controller support - and missing IAP features. But I am looking forward to this plugin :slight_smile:

+1    I just got my OUYA (with extra control) on Friday.  I’ve used the partial implementation: http://developer.coronalabs.com/code/ouya-support   for the controller to key mappings, and it works pretty well! 

I upgraded my GigJam48 entry since the competition, and added the (limited) OUYA controller support to the game, and it works like a champ!  I didn’t hook up the UI, but was able to navigate with the touch pad on the controller. (it shows a mouse cursor, and allows you to touch, swipe (with practice) and tap.

We would need a module (gluon plugin?) to communicate with their ‘store’ for sure…All games must have a free to play component,  and also a full implementation of the controller.

Anyone else order / get an OUYA and put a build on it yet?

The partial support is great but we really need twin analogue sticks. We can wait for the store!

We’re actively working on general HID-based controller support right now, which includes OUYA. Our Android team is swamped, so don’t have an ETA…

Thanks for the update. When Ouya asked about a release date for our game I told them July so hopefully that will be enough time.

I am releasing my game on Ouya, too. Just working on a promo video for E3 right now and I am going to mention CoronaLabs aswell. The game works very well even without full controller support - and missing IAP features. But I am looking forward to this plugin :slight_smile: