Particle Candy: Emitting an image with variating height (always emitted from the center of the particle image?)

Hi!

I’m trying to create a continuous “laserbeam” effect that cuts through anything it touches. I’ve set the height of the emitted image to static 600. Is there any way to change on what position the image is emitted from (like bottom center of the image instead of center)?

I mean now it seems it’s always emitted from the center of the image and now that its height is for example 600 I need to change emitter’s position so that it looks like the beam is originating from the “gun”. If I keep emitter where it should be (at the gun) then only half (300) of the beam image is emitted to the right direction because it’s centered.

Hope you understand what I mean :slight_smile:

Br,

Kalle [import]uid: 55867 topic_id: 33186 reply_id: 333186[/import]

I don’t have PC, but I do believe you can do this quite easily with CBEffects. That would simply be a matter of using the atPoint positionType and in the build function setting the reference point to display.CenterLeft or display.CenterRight reference point.

If this seems “hijack-y” (because it’s in the Particle Candy forum and I’m talking about CBEffects), sorry. One of the Corona staff can remove it.

Caleb [import]uid: 147322 topic_id: 33186 reply_id: 137415[/import]

I don’t have PC, but I do believe you can do this quite easily with CBEffects. That would simply be a matter of using the atPoint positionType and in the build function setting the reference point to display.CenterLeft or display.CenterRight reference point.

If this seems “hijack-y” (because it’s in the Particle Candy forum and I’m talking about CBEffects), sorry. One of the Corona staff can remove it.

Caleb [import]uid: 147322 topic_id: 33186 reply_id: 137415[/import]