Particle Display Order problems

I want my particles to display behind buildings but in front of a background. I reverted to messing with the sample code (director class sample). In the sample:

This is the sample insert order:
Scene:insert(BG)
Scene:insert(Button)
Scene:insert(StatusText)
Scene:insert(Particles.GetEmitter(“E1”))

I changed the sample code to:
Scene:insert(Particles.GetEmitter(“E1”))
Scene:insert(BG)
Scene:insert(Button)
Scene:insert(StatusText)

thinking that this would put the particles in the back and make them be behind the background.
However, all this really does is put the EMITTER back there…the particles are still up front.

I can’t make the particles go behind any other object…help!
[import]uid: 59735 topic_id: 34564 reply_id: 334564[/import]

I’m having exactly the same issue, does anyone have a solution for this? [import]uid: 107915 topic_id: 34564 reply_id: 138513[/import]

Still nothing. I’ve been looking through the particle candy code, and I don’t think that putting the emitter in the back puts everything else in the back like the particle candy documentation suggests. If anyone finds a solution, let me know. [import]uid: 59735 topic_id: 34564 reply_id: 138647[/import]

I’m having exactly the same issue, does anyone have a solution for this? [import]uid: 107915 topic_id: 34564 reply_id: 138513[/import]

Still nothing. I’ve been looking through the particle candy code, and I don’t think that putting the emitter in the back puts everything else in the back like the particle candy documentation suggests. If anyone finds a solution, let me know. [import]uid: 59735 topic_id: 34564 reply_id: 138647[/import]

I had this problem as well but I was able to find a solution which worked for me:

Create another group with the particle candy objects:
local particleGroup = display.newGroup()

And insert that group into your main group of all your objects outside of particle candy:
localGroup:insert(particleGroup)

And that should work! It worked for me, I was able to put fire effects behind trees and buildings.

Hope that helps!

[import]uid: 69494 topic_id: 34564 reply_id: 141699[/import]

I had this problem as well but I was able to find a solution which worked for me:

Create another group with the particle candy objects:

And insert that group into your main group of all your objects outside of particle candy:
localGroup:insert(particleGroup)

And that should work! It worked for me, I was able to put fire effects behind trees and buildings.

Hope that helps!

[import]uid: 69494 topic_id: 34564 reply_id: 141699[/import]