particles not created when emitter is offscreen? (eg in a scrolling game)

Background - I have a scrolling game and I was trying to use Particle Candy to represent wind/air rising.  It’s a scrolling game so the background might be a couple of times wider than the screen size.

Issue - when the emitter is off screen (because the player hasn’t got to that part of the background area yet) it seems the emitter does send off the particles.  So  say the player is moving right into an area when the wind is horizontal and should be pushing at him, you don’t see the wind particles until the player walk far enough to the right until the emitter is on screen.  (at least this is my interpretation of what’s happening based on what I see)

Questions:

a) Anyway to override this in Particle Candy?  so the emitter will fire even if off screen

b) If there is no way, any ideas in terms of how to work around this?  would I need to drop Particle Candy and come up with my own solution?

Just used the “Properties.killOutsideScreen    = false” setting and things worked fine

Just used the “Properties.killOutsideScreen    = false” setting and things worked fine