conor1
1
HI,
Trying to add a variable to a text field eventlistener.
Figured out that I need to use an anonymous event.
defaultField:addEventListener( “userInput”, function() testFlagsListener(myWord); end )
Problem is in the testFlagsListener I need to access the event and the passed parameter.
function testFlagsListener( event, inText )
When I try this, it seems the whole event gets ignored.
Essentially I’m trying to have user enter some text, and compare it with text I define. I don’t want to use global variables unless I have to.
Thoughts?
jbp1
2
Try adding the event as an argument to your anonymous function:
defaultField:addEventListener( "userInput", function(e) testFlagsListener(e,myWord); end )
That event object is being sent to the anonymous function, you’ve just told the function to ignore it.
conor1
3
Excellent, thanks. That works. Not quite certain of the logic of why, but it’s good, thanks.
jbp1
4
Try adding the event as an argument to your anonymous function:
defaultField:addEventListener( "userInput", function(e) testFlagsListener(e,myWord); end )
That event object is being sent to the anonymous function, you’ve just told the function to ignore it.
conor1
5
Excellent, thanks. That works. Not quite certain of the logic of why, but it’s good, thanks.