Path Error in Flashlight Tutorial

All of a sudden I am getting path errors whilst building the project. 

The scripts are trying to copy CoronaResources.bundle, Corona3rdPartyLicenses.txt etc

These files exist in ~/Library/Application Support/Corona/Native/Corona/ios/resource/ and are viewable in Xcode

The script seems to be joining 2 separate paths:

/Users/Spencer/Documents/Documents - iMac/CoronaNative/flashLight/ios/  AND

~/Library/Application Support/Corona/Native/Corona/ios/resource/CoronaResources.bundle

error: /Users/Spencer/Documents/Documents - iMac/CoronaNative/flashLight/ios/~/Library/Application Support/Corona/Native/Corona/ios/resource/CoronaResources.bundle: No such file or directory

I have several native projects that I have built in the past without issue. At present nothing will build.

I worked through the flashlight tutorial to see if that work and I get the same path issue.

The only thing I can think of is that I have downloaded a newer version of Corona and re-run the native setup script.

Any ideas on how to fix this?? I have attached the log

Have you updated to Xcode 10?

Yes. xCode Version 10.0 (10A255). 

Happens to me as well in every single application since the Xcode update.

One of our engineers posted this in the CDN slack channel to someone whose projects were borked by Xcode 10:

"Try to open your project file with sublime text, and replace ~ with $HOME"

I believe these have been fixed in recent daily builds for new projects built off of the App template, but existing projects will need to be updated.

Rob

Works like a charm. Thank you.

Thanks Rob. All Sorted

Hi,

Can any one suggest me the specific file name? as i am facing the same issue. In my CoronaNative.xcconfig its $HOME only. But still i am getting this errors for Corona3rdPartyLicenses.txt and CoronaResources.bundle

I am getting error for this files. Can anyone please suggest me how can i go ahead. 

Thanks in advance 

I would check both of these files:

FlashLight.xcodeproj

Plugin.xcodeproj

in the App/ios/ folder.

HI Rob,

Thanks for the details. i checked at both the places its $HOME only and i am using simpleLuaExtenstion for testing. In that also i am getting same error. and my xcode version is 10.1 and corona version 3326

I would suggest you download the latest daily build of Corona Native and get the App project from there and test from there. 3326 is quite old.

Rob

Have you updated to Xcode 10?

Yes. xCode Version 10.0 (10A255). 

Happens to me as well in every single application since the Xcode update.

One of our engineers posted this in the CDN slack channel to someone whose projects were borked by Xcode 10:

"Try to open your project file with sublime text, and replace ~ with $HOME"

I believe these have been fixed in recent daily builds for new projects built off of the App template, but existing projects will need to be updated.

Rob

Works like a charm. Thank you.

Thanks Rob. All Sorted

Hi,

Can any one suggest me the specific file name? as i am facing the same issue. In my CoronaNative.xcconfig its $HOME only. But still i am getting this errors for Corona3rdPartyLicenses.txt and CoronaResources.bundle

I am getting error for this files. Can anyone please suggest me how can i go ahead. 

Thanks in advance 

I would check both of these files:

FlashLight.xcodeproj

Plugin.xcodeproj

in the App/ios/ folder.

HI Rob,

Thanks for the details. i checked at both the places its $HOME only and i am using simpleLuaExtenstion for testing. In that also i am getting same error. and my xcode version is 10.1 and corona version 3326