Performance Update Released - Glider v2.1

My version is: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

Is this the latest one?

Hello everyone,

The latest update you should have is Glider v 2.1.2 . Please check and see if you have the latest update by going to windows -> whats new. The “Whats new” window should show the latest update version. Please let us know if you have any questions or if you come across any issues.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

What’s new says v2.0.5 but checking for updates says your application is up to date. Do we need to re-download?

Just downloaded the latest for the mac, and about glider shows me:

Product Version: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

Java: 1.8.0; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.0-b70

Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0-b132       

Than in the What’s new window it says: Glider v 2.0.5

Is this the “latest” version?

found the “fix” for updating glider in another thread:

1. Go to tools -> plugins -> settings.
  2. Click “add” and paste the following update url http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/site/Glider/v2/v202/updates.xml
  3. Now an update was found and the what’s new window shows me this:

Glider v 2.1.2

• Add option to disable file copy before debug.
  • Add option to disable automatic insertion of require debugger line.
  • Add ability to sort by source/name.

Glider v 2.1.1

• Update database implementation

Glider v 2.1

• Update to Netbeans 8.0 and Java 8

Glider v 2.0.5     

@hendri.thjis,

Thanks for the information. Yes, copy and pasting the update url should fix the issue. Please let us know if you come across any problems. The latest update should say Glider v 2.1.2.

@WideAwakeGames,

Please go to Tools ->Plugins->Settings and click “Add” on the right side. Then, paste this  http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/site/Glider/v2/v202/updates.xml into the url field and “Name” as Glider and click “Ok” . You should now see the updates. Once Glider is updated, the latest version should say Glider v 2.1.2. If not, please re-download and try the above steps again. Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Why does the latest Windows 64 bit LuaGliderInstaller.msi installer only install into the Program Files (x86) directory on Windows 7 64 bit? 

Couldn’t get my v2.0.4 copy of Lua Glider to update to Glider v 2.1.2. following the instructions listed above so I’ve uninstalled and want to re-install the 64 bit version of Lua Glider.

Thanks,

Warren

Just download the LuaGlider from the website now and it say v2.0. The update didn’t find any available updates. The update url that was in the settings was:  http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/site/Glider/v2/v20x/updates.xml

I then added the new url (http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/site/Glider/v2/v202/updates.xml) as mentioned before. A new update appeared as available, but after instaling it, my version continues to be :  Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706.

How do I get my LuaGlider to update to Glider v 2.1.2 ?

This is really ridiculous. Why wouldn’t they update the core download on their web site to the latest version? Why would that download not contain the latest update URL? Doesn’t make sense at all. Somehow I ended up with 2.1.2 but I have no idea why it worked for me and not for you… 

This update links Why software developers themselves do not mention a start . Why downloaded from the official website is not the latest version . This is not a smart way to give users a software update to bring too much trouble. Resolve user problems and needs too slow. I do not know that you are a person in the development of this software, or a team is doing. But the status quo is doing very badly . Now I’m lost . Finally , thank you for your software.

@ksan,

sorry for the confusion this has caused. These problems arose out of our efforts to make the lua only plugin available on the netbeans plugins portal. It required us to restructure much of the code to make it more friendly with a standard netbeans dev environment. We think it is worth the trouble as it allow you to use any netbeans plugin without conflicts. The updater module was in the package but for whatever reason it never got activated. We have addressed this issue in the most recent download. 

@ Renato,

Please look under the whats new window to get the version number and update information. 

@hendri. Thank you very kindly for your help. 

@ase7en,

The issue has been fixed in the updated installers.

Thanks all,

M.Y. Developers

Ok. I just looked here on my “What’s new” windows and it shows that my Lua Glider version is v2.1.2

So, my only suggestion is that you make the version consistent thru the whole application. I have 4 different versions written here:

‘What’s new’ windows: Glider v 2.1.2

About window: Product Version: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

App filename: Lua Glider v2.app

Mac Get Info on the app file:  v1.9.x

@Renato,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, it is not possible to update the About window with the auto update feature but we will see what we can do to stay consistent.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I understand that you may face some restriction using the auto update, but following the point made by @ksan, maybe at least the downloadable dmg file available on the website can have the correct doesn’t it? (that way, if a person has doubt what version, he/she would uninstall and download the new version from your website that has the correct info.)

So, running the v2.1.2 for a while and I indeed noticed a CPU usage performance improvement. But now, the memory usage is going out of the roof (My Mac started to slow down and when I saw LuaGlider was using 8.6GB of my RAM!).

Is anyone seeing the issue also?

MY: I will upload my logs for you.

On my Mac Air 4GB RAM machine I have a related problem. Since there is not that much RAM to guzzle, I get a lot paged to disk and my hard disk which is almost full already gets completely filled when I run Lua Glider sometimes. So I think I need about 10GB free disk space to run Lua Glider which is a problem for me. 

Yes, that is the cause…

I am monitoring here:

I open LuaGlider  = consuming ~400mb.  

30 minutes later of working on only 2 files of the same project = already consuming 2.57Gb 

3 hours later = already consuming 8.09Gb

One more thing: Due to that memory leak, I uninstalled and downloaded again the app from the website. The version that is on the site is v2.0.5 (based on the “What’s is new” windows) and not the latest (v2.1.2)

The v2.0.5 also shows the memory leak.

I was able to return back to the v2.0.3 and it is much more stable.