Permission block installation of application

Hello,

I have permissions on my game such as “android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE”, “android.permission.INTERNET”, and “android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE”.

But sometimes after I download the game from Google play store, it doesn’t open because this permission is automatically reject.

For example on a Xiami redmi 9 (recent phone)
When I download the app from Google play store, there is no the popup showed below to show all the permissions, it direcly download.

And when the application is downloaded, 50 % time, when I clicked on the app, it ask me the permission to write on external storage, and everything work.
But sometimes it ask me nothing, and I am oblige to manually unlock the permission in the app parameter. This operation can be technically hard for normal people who doesn’t know what to do.
Then I reload the game and it’s work.

So my question is why the permission popup is not always displayed.

When I open the list of permissions with the application “Permission Pilot”, it show me 6 permissions granted on 8 and the “read_external_storage” and “write_external_storage” are unchecked.

And for another exemple, on “Huawey y300” (old phone).
This time, the popup below is showed :

When I clicked to accept, it will download the game but this time 7 on 8 are checked, but the permission “android.permission.foreground_service” is unchecked. On my Xiaomi redmi 9 it was checked.

And when I tried to open the app, it is a black screen and I am blocked

So can you please me to resolve that problem please ?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Yvan.

I’m not entirely sure what’s causing this but are you requesting permissions using native.showPopup()?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.