Photon cloud is it the best choice for me ?

Hi! My name is Zavier. I was looking at photon realtime and would like to ask some questions but first let me describe our current in-game scenario.

I am part of an indie-start up team based in Singapore, currently working on a game project using  CoronaSDK.  Lets say for example, in our game we have a circular stage. 8 players(maxplayers) are connected to a single room, 4 in a team(2teams). Each controlling their individual ingame characters, avoiding traps and trying to get the other team to fall into the traps.

1. Does the Enterprise Plan on Photon Realtime have messages limits? I am familiar with the concept of messages sent between client and server. With the above scenario, we have a concern of a high traffic of messages. With the big issue of this messages burst, I turned down the option of appwarpz multiplayer service(it charges by messages primarily) which is too expensive and not worth it. So we looked at Photon cloud and it looks really impressive.

1. What is the different between PhotonRealTime and PhotonTurnbased. I noticed that PhotonTurnbased has realtime capabilities as well. But for our game, we would purely be aiming for “real-time” multiplayer. So am i safe to say that I would be choosingPhotonRealTime?

1. I noticed the geo locations of the Photon servers. For e.g, can a user from the US play with a user from SG but they are both from different servers respectively. (US user in US, SG user in SG)

1. I see that Photon works with PlayFab. There were capabalities on PlayFab that we are also interested in. However I noticed that there was no Corona SDKs available. Are there any other alternatives for CoronaSDK? 

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope to hear from you soon!
Sincerely,

Hi Zavier -

1. We limit to 500 msg per second per room. Using this 1,000CCU generate about 10-15TB traffic per month. This is all included in our 169$ per month plan. (FYI - Amazon charges ~100$ per TB. So 10TB would be 1,000$ just for the traffic.) Contact us if you need more than 500 msg/s per room.

2. Technically Photon Realtime and Turnbased is the same. For Turnbased we have a lower msg/s per room limit and charge a lower price.

3. You can only play with users n the same region. In your sample you either pick US or SG.

4. Can’t help you here …

best, Chris

Hi there Chris, 

Thanks for the reply and i finally cleared my doubts. So in terms of contacting photon staffs, is there a specific way of emailing that we need to follow in order to get replies? because one member of my team tried emailing to info@exitgames.com and also developer@exitgames.com but did not get a reply (same questions as above).

Both emails are fine (- do not send it to both).

You mail was probably filtered as SPAM, I will check this. This sometimes happens for not obvious reasons … sorry.

Chris

Hi Zavier -

1. We limit to 500 msg per second per room. Using this 1,000CCU generate about 10-15TB traffic per month. This is all included in our 169$ per month plan. (FYI - Amazon charges ~100$ per TB. So 10TB would be 1,000$ just for the traffic.) Contact us if you need more than 500 msg/s per room.

2. Technically Photon Realtime and Turnbased is the same. For Turnbased we have a lower msg/s per room limit and charge a lower price.

3. You can only play with users n the same region. In your sample you either pick US or SG.

4. Can’t help you here …

best, Chris

Hi there Chris, 

Thanks for the reply and i finally cleared my doubts. So in terms of contacting photon staffs, is there a specific way of emailing that we need to follow in order to get replies? because one member of my team tried emailing to info@exitgames.com and also developer@exitgames.com but did not get a reply (same questions as above).

Both emails are fine (- do not send it to both).

You mail was probably filtered as SPAM, I will check this. This sometimes happens for not obvious reasons … sorry.

Chris