Hi everyone,
I have some platforms (“static Object”) where my player jump (“Dynamic Object”) onto them to get coins.
I would like know what the better way to make moving my physics platform automatically on the screen ?
Is it the transtition.to() the only way to do that ? Or the Velocity could do it ? Or something else ?
Thanks for your reply, I need really to know that to goahead in my game.
Hi @julien.montijano,
You can move the platforms in one of three ways:
-
transitions
-
Steady Runtime re-positioning
-
applying linear velocity to them (http://docs.coronalabs.com/api/type/Body/setLinearVelocity.html)
Personally, I prefer #3, because it uses the physics engine for moving physical objects, but the choice may depend on other functionality or behavior on your game.
Best regards,
Brent
Thanks a lot Brent, Yeah that’s what i’m doing, I use the Velocity and “kynematic” to make Moving my Platforms, that’s the best way I think to make move Physics object !
Hi @julien.montijano,
You can move the platforms in one of three ways:
-
transitions
-
Steady Runtime re-positioning
-
applying linear velocity to them (http://docs.coronalabs.com/api/type/Body/setLinearVelocity.html)
Personally, I prefer #3, because it uses the physics engine for moving physical objects, but the choice may depend on other functionality or behavior on your game.
Best regards,
Brent
Thanks a lot Brent, Yeah that’s what i’m doing, I use the Velocity and “kynematic” to make Moving my Platforms, that’s the best way I think to make move Physics object !