play-services-tasks:18.0.0 NullPointerException. Play store reports SDK issues when publishing.

When uploading my apk to play store to publish it (created on mac with Corona-3664
Version 2100.9999 (2100.1.16) )
I got back during the review the following problem:

Your latest production release (0.4.9) contains SDK issues

20 Jan 2022 14:02

Critical issues have been reported with the following SDK versions:

* com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks:18.0.0

What the SDK developer told us:
*play-services-tasks v18.0.0 has known issues that can lead to runtime NPEs (NullPointerException) when handling Task<Void> results in Kotlin code. We strongly recommend that you avoid using this version. This also impacts the SDKs listed in the December 9, 2021 release, because they all depend on play-services-tasks. A fix for this issue is included in play-services-tasks v18.0.1. See https://developers.google.com/android/guides/releases#december_16_2021*

Any idea how this could be fixed?
Thanks

Are you using any plugins? If so can list them

Have you tried with a previous version?
I use version 3661 with google play game services and everything is ok.

As I have written in another post the version name is weird, probably because it’s the first 2022 build and something got wrong but I don’t know if other things could be affected too.
Also there is a problem with html5.

Even though play store reported this, they still published the version of the game, which as far as I can see plays fine. I don’t have enough changes at the moment to upload a new release and with the delays I see between upload and approval I don’t want to block the publishing right now. I will see what happens on the next build.

The plugins I use:

- plugin.google.iap.billing
- plugin.att

and all the appodeal plugins

I just got the same error. I have two apps with nearly identical plugins with the exception that one app uses my own waterfall of advertisers and the other one uses Appodeal. It’s the app that uses Appodeal that is getting the warning.

Same warning today. (Using Appodeal. build 2022.3665)

Google - create production release - warnings and messages
Warning

The developer of play-services-tasks (com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks) has reported critical issues with version 18.0.0. Consider upgrading before publishing a new release.

Here’s what the SDK developer told us:
play-services-tasks v18.0.0 has known issues that can lead to runtime NPEs (NullPointerException) when handling Task results in Kotlin code. We strongly recommend that you avoid using this version. This also impacts the SDKs listed in the December 9, 2021 release, because they all depend on play-services-tasks. A fix for this issue is included in play-services-tasks v18.0.1. See Release Notes  |  Google Play services  |  Google Developers
Learn More