Playing Video in Corona Cards

Hi, 
We’re trying to get a short video to play in our game, playing through Corona Cards. The video plays on iOS and Android as a standalone app, but fails to play while running in Corona Cards (“Can’t play this video.”)
We’re using a .MP4 file since this plays on both iOS and Android.

Could anyone offer some insight into why this might be happening? 

Thanks!

Neither media.* nor native.* are supported with CoronaCards. How are you trying to play it?

Rob

We’ve been trying to use native. Is there a library which does work with CoronaCards?

CoronaCards was designed for native programmers to implement Corona like activities quickly. There are quite a few things CoronaCards doesn’t support like video that we expect the native developer to do natively.  What is your use-case for CoronaCards? Perhaps what you’re really looking for in Corona Enterprise where your app is mostly Corona and you need to use a little bit of native as opposed to CoronaCards where the assumption is most of your app in Native and you need to use a little bit of Corona.

Rob

Hi Rob

Following on from Thomas’ question - we’re actually a native App, with mini-games inside. As a part of these games we want to play short “cut scene” videos. With Corona Cards on iOS we’re successfully using native.newVideo():play etc to play these videos. But on Android it fails.

Are you suggesting the iOS version will stop working?

Matthew

I’m surprised it works. I’ll bring it up to the engineers and see if they can bring that feature to Android and then we can say we support it.

Rob

Neither media.* nor native.* are supported with CoronaCards. How are you trying to play it?

Rob

We’ve been trying to use native. Is there a library which does work with CoronaCards?

CoronaCards was designed for native programmers to implement Corona like activities quickly. There are quite a few things CoronaCards doesn’t support like video that we expect the native developer to do natively.  What is your use-case for CoronaCards? Perhaps what you’re really looking for in Corona Enterprise where your app is mostly Corona and you need to use a little bit of native as opposed to CoronaCards where the assumption is most of your app in Native and you need to use a little bit of Corona.

Rob

Hi Rob

Following on from Thomas’ question - we’re actually a native App, with mini-games inside. As a part of these games we want to play short “cut scene” videos. With Corona Cards on iOS we’re successfully using native.newVideo():play etc to play these videos. But on Android it fails.

Are you suggesting the iOS version will stop working?

Matthew

I’m surprised it works. I’ll bring it up to the engineers and see if they can bring that feature to Android and then we can say we support it.

Rob