Plugin for AppLovin Max

Are there any plans to release a plugin for AppLovin Max?

https://www.applovin.com/max/

It would be great to have an in-app bidding solution in Corona other than Appodeal which is too reliant on AdMob.

You can turn off Admob in Appodeal or you can create ad-units that only target high value ads returned from Admob.

Do you have the self hosting plugin? If you do I can probably create a plugin after a couple items I need to take care of first. Probably in March.

I don’t believe you can turn AdMob off in Appodeal, it forces you to link to AdMob when you set up an account.

Ok that sounds great about a plugin - that would be much appreciated.

I just use standard Corona at the moment rather than Native, could it be added to the marketplace?

I created a video to show you how to turn it off in Appodeal. 

https://youtu.be/GWLBa-w6CdA

No. It is not allowed in the market place. I can’t put it up there. To use it, you will need to either do Native (which would be harder) or buy this plugin:

https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/service/self-hosted-plugins

Let me know when you buy the plugin and I’ll start making it for you.

Adrian

Hi

I have the self-hosted plugin if you are still interested in doing a plugin for AppLovin Max…

Thanks

No. Sorry. I no longer have the bandwidth to create the plugin and the only incentive for me to create free plugins was to support corona. Now that there is no charge to be able to pull self-hosted plugins there is no benefit for me to create them.

Last time I checked Scott H will create a plugin for you for a fee.

Well, Corona/Solar/Solar2D will still need plugins and now (and in the future) everyone has access to self-hosted plugins and you could look into distributing plugins via GitHub or Scott’s upcoming marketplace. Still, I fully understand not wanting to create plugins for free.

Hi, thanks for getting back.

I’m a bit out of the loop and don’t know the specifics about the self-hosted plugin situation but we would be happy to cover the costs for somebody to produce a MAX plugin for us and I’m sure other developers would be interested as well.

I am currently using Appodeal on a few of our projects which we can’t run AdMob on and without AdMob the fill rates and CPMs for banners are very poor - around 90% of requests are just going to backfill. Also with interstitials I can only get statics to show - I can get the video interstitials to “work” as you showed in one of your videos but again there doesn’t seem to be any fill. If we leave things as default so interstitials are set to “static and video” then surely it should show a combination of both but it only seems to show static.

There is a fair chance, of course, that I am missing something with our setup on both the banners and the video interstitials but I have followed the documentation and the various videos by yourself to the letter - everything “works” but we just don’t get many ads actually showing (or none in the case of the video interstitials).

I don’t know if MAX would be any better but if these mediation platforms are tapping into numerous networks and DSPs I don’t see why we can’t get much better fill rates and CPMs than we seem to be getting. On the apps that we can run AdMob, we are better just running AdMob directly and have yet to find any mediation platform that will outperform it, especially on banners.

Hi

I have the self-hosted plugin if you are still interested in doing a plugin for AppLovin Max…

Thanks

No. Sorry. I no longer have the bandwidth to create the plugin and the only incentive for me to create free plugins was to support corona. Now that there is no charge to be able to pull self-hosted plugins there is no benefit for me to create them.

Last time I checked Scott H will create a plugin for you for a fee.

Well, Corona/Solar/Solar2D will still need plugins and now (and in the future) everyone has access to self-hosted plugins and you could look into distributing plugins via GitHub or Scott’s upcoming marketplace. Still, I fully understand not wanting to create plugins for free.

Hi, thanks for getting back.

I’m a bit out of the loop and don’t know the specifics about the self-hosted plugin situation but we would be happy to cover the costs for somebody to produce a MAX plugin for us and I’m sure other developers would be interested as well.

I am currently using Appodeal on a few of our projects which we can’t run AdMob on and without AdMob the fill rates and CPMs for banners are very poor - around 90% of requests are just going to backfill. Also with interstitials I can only get statics to show - I can get the video interstitials to “work” as you showed in one of your videos but again there doesn’t seem to be any fill. If we leave things as default so interstitials are set to “static and video” then surely it should show a combination of both but it only seems to show static.

There is a fair chance, of course, that I am missing something with our setup on both the banners and the video interstitials but I have followed the documentation and the various videos by yourself to the letter - everything “works” but we just don’t get many ads actually showing (or none in the case of the video interstitials).

I don’t know if MAX would be any better but if these mediation platforms are tapping into numerous networks and DSPs I don’t see why we can’t get much better fill rates and CPMs than we seem to be getting. On the apps that we can run AdMob, we are better just running AdMob directly and have yet to find any mediation platform that will outperform it, especially on banners.

Would an AppLovin Max plugin be on the horizon at all?
It is probably the most popular mediation platform and is seeing huge lifts in CPMs for many developers so would be a benefit to all potentially…