Plugin not found when using Corona Native (iOS)

I am using Corona Native 3557 and I noticed that although the “Download Plugins” target (in iOS) successfully downloads the plugins that I entered inside the build.settings, the plugins are not copied from the downloaded path (~/Library/Application Support/Corona/Native Plugins/iphone/) to inside my iOS project. So, when I run the app I get a Runtime error saying that “module “plugin.onesignal” not found:resource (plugin.onesignal.lu) …”

This is very simple to reproduce:

1. Add a plugin (let’s say the onesignal) to the build.settings file of the Project Template

2. Run the “Download Plugins” in Xcode

3. Build and Run the App project to a phone.

Note that I mentioned that the plugins are downloaded successfully, so it is not an issue that I didn’t purchase/activate the plugin in the marketplace.

Do I need to manually move the downloaded plugin to inside the iOS project? 

From my experience that script also updates a file called CoronaApp.xcconfig. That file adds the necessary build items to make the build work with the plugin. I know that they did some build changes recently for ios builds. I am still running an older build and I have not done a native ios build in a while, so my information might be dated.

What is your Corona build version? I will try to downgrade.

just tested it and works as expected on my machine:

Version 2019.3540 (2019.10.12)

@agramonte, would you mind testing using the OneSignal plugin?  I think the issue is specific to that plugin (I tried using another plugin and it worked fine…)

I did some more tests. I tried using OneSignal plugin in the Corona Template on Corona Native 3527 and Corona Native 3529. With Corona 3527 it worked as expected but with Corona 3529 (or after) I get the Runtime error. 

I noticed that if I manually copy the “plugin.OneSignal.lua” (from the downloaded plugin folder) to inside the Corona folder (App/Corona), then the error goes away. So it appears that the problem is related to that lua file and not the iOS library file (libplugin_OneSignal.a).

THANK YOU!

Moving the “plugin.OneSignal.lua” fixed that issue for me as well.

THANK YOU!

Moving the “plugin.OneSignal.lua” fixed that issue for me as well.