Plugin Requests - Request yours here

As we said on our plugin launch, we are open to your suggestions for Corona plugins.

Here is how we plan to handle your requests:

1. You post on this thread with the plugin(s) you would like us to make.

2. We then use this data to make a form, that would allow people to vote on their favourites.

3. We make the plugins, in order of the most voted.

Naturally bear in mind that we probably won’t make every single plugin requested. But we will certainly take everyones suggestions into consideration.

We believe Corona is an excellent product, and our goal is to keep on extending it so it gets even better.

So, enough said. Tell us what you would like!

Thanks

Congratulations on your launch. As for other plugins,

my #1 would probably a mapping plugin which offers more native features compared to the Corona SDK built-in mapView object. Not sure if Corona Labs will ever add features like buttons inside marker bubbles etc so this would be a great add-on for me but I can see how you may not want to invest time into this on off chance that Corona eventually decide to improve their current mapView implementation. 

my #2 is a Barcoding plugin. I bet this would sell well too as it has been requested a lot over the years on these forums. 

I’m sure I’ll have more along the way. Thank you very much for considering these requests.

OMG can you make plugins based on existing C libs? The work would be half way done for you! Nothing super fancy, but like:

• hexmap generators!
  • roguelike map generators!
  • libnoise library!
  • terrain generators (ASCII or simple bitmap heightmap stuff)!

ZOMG!!! My mind’s going nuts I might need to reach out to you on the side for some of these! :slight_smile:

-Mario

For #2 that is certainly something we have already considered. We have a few ideas in the pipeline, but naturally we don’t want to spend time making something that only a handful of people may want. So hopefully this thread continues to grow and give us some better data to work off.

Of course. Some things that require digging into Corona’s OpenGL system probably aren’t possible as those methods are not exposed to us, however your suggestions are probably do-able :) We would have to look into those in more detail before confirming however.

@both: Thanks for the suggestions!

Can we have an option to get unlimited apps for the plugins?

@samwit, the only thing we have against this is that it opens up a can of worms for people abusing our system.

There is always someone who will try to circumvent the system and having an unlimited option would just make it too easy. (This is not aimed at you in any way, shape or form)

So with that in mind, our answer is no for the time being. Can you see yourself implementing one of our plugins in more than 10 apps in a year?

Of course you could by two 10 app limit licenses to give you 20 slots.

Personal opinion, rather than an unlimited plugin with a much higher price, I’d like to use the 10 apps at $xx model. As @Gremlin is alluding to above, if I publish more than 10 apps using a given plugin in a year, chances are, I can afford to buy another license for it. 

An AppLovin plugin would be awesome as it would be nice to have more monetization platforms available.

A NFC plugin for Android will be great!  :)

Plugins I would like to see -

Parse

XML/RSS/JSON Reader and Writer (There is a php script you can buy that you give it any XML and it parses it, something like that)

Social Plugin - Works with any social network (there are a lot and more each day!), posting, reading friends etc…

Saving data - Something that can be used to save any data (high scores, coins etc…) and is secure (so not a text file or JSON file), with iCloud sync

As above Barcode plugin

Dave

Our company would go along with the request express by @Ksan (…my #1 would probably a mapping plugin which offers more native features compared to the Corona SDK built-in mapView object. )

If we could work with you guys on defining the functionality we would need it would be awesome. Maybe you could also based on our request come with a price and we could see here, who would be ready to pay for it. We would for sure.

EXCELLENT Thread!

+1 for social plug in. Something that would allow inviting FB friends, show their pictures and their score in the game (a la Candy Crunch for instance) Anything that would make social easier to implement than now. I am using native social just to share a score/image because it is very easy to implement. The others features of FB are more difficult.

+1 barcode

+1 A plug in to allow video screen capture! (imagine AR app and being able to video capture the screen)

Great news!

Mo

Thanks for providing your services!  I’d really like to get plugins to gain access to TeamPlay SDK and VoiceLayer.

http://www.teamplaysdk.com

TeamPlay makes your game or gamified app more valuable by allowing your players to play for the teams they care about. They engage more, invite more, play longer and drive higher value. Best of all - it’s totally free and a snip to integrate.

http://www.voicelayer.io

Add Voice-Messaging to any app with VoiceLayer’s simple API/SDK! (PaaS)

VOICE-MESSAGING: Messages are streamed real-time and are stored in the cloud for easy playback anytime

PLATFORM: Integration is easy, and VoiceLayer’s cloud-based platform is secure and highly scalable

How about a plugin so we can use the Leap Motion for controlling our games? https://www.leapmotion.com

I’m not much for “gimmicks” but yesterday played a space shooter controlled by my hand movement and it was a lot of fun.

Jay

I’d like to get to be able to build for the Mac App Store first, then we can talk about using the LeapMotion and other desktop-related plugins.

I’m assuming HTML5-based games could use the Leap Motion, but maybe that’s an erroneous assumption. (I don’t think we’ll see native desktop builds in my lifetime – I think CL will say “just build as HTML5 and it will run on the desktop.”)

Jay

Some good suggestions coming in! Thanks :).

I must have missed something, I thought custom plugins were only available to Enterprise users.

it would be great if the already existing AddressBook plugin would return the entire address book so it could be parsed over.

The limitation to only get 1 Contact Info table at a time is extremely limiting.

Nail

+1 AddressBook improvement

Heck yeah, I JUST ran into that issue today! Stupid AddressBook, mocking me. In its finery. I’d love to be able to select multiple contacts with checkboxes, and then return all selected contacts as a table!!

-Mario

If you see the blog post corona put out it will make sense :slight_smile:

Unfortunately we can’t add onto or improve existing Corona plugins. Your request for instance while perfectly valid, would require us to write our own address-book plugin from scratch.

That wouldn’t be the end of the world, if that was the only feature you wanted, but i think that this is something which would be better integrated into Corona’s address-book plugin.