Plugins always load

Hi everybody!

I am using Corona Editor for Sublime Text 3.
But every time I run a project (Win + F10), I get plugins loading and unpacking.

How to off the constant download of all plugins?
I do not want the plugins to load every time the simulator restarts.

Log:
�����஢��� 䠩���: 1.
�����஢��� 䠩���: 1.

7-Zip (A) 9.20 Copyright © 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18

Processing archive:

Extracting plugin_utf8.dll

Everything is Ok

Size: 61440
Compressed: 10240

Processing archive:

Extracting libeay32.dll
Extracting plugin_openssl.dll
Extracting ssleay32.dll

Everything is Ok

Files: 3
Size: 1877504
Compressed: 6656

Processing archive:
Everything is Ok

Why do you care about this?

Are you worried about download bandwidth or metered uage?

I believe, that once these have downloaded, they are stored locally for that specific app (in a cache on the disk). So, subsequent runs dont’ re-download the file. At least that is how I remember this working.

Anyways, you can disable plugins you have listed in plugins.settings, but if there may be default (no entry needed in build.settings) plugins you cannot disable.

1 Like

The problem is that the plugins are installed in the C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Solar2DPlugins\ Caches\Solar2Directory\coronalabs\com.coronalabs folder every time the simulator is updated.

Plugins are not cached. And each restart of the simulator occurs with a delay of 10-20 seconds (if there are many plugins). Is there a way to enable caching and not load plugins every time?

Ah, I see. Yes that is odd. I do believe this was once and issue and then resolved, by checking locally first. Hmm…

I don’t have a good short term answer for you, but I’m sure this will be temporary. Vlad is reworking the builds and plugins system.

Apologies that I don’t have an easy answer.

Note: It might be worth the effort to read through the many recent (last month or so) plugins posts, because I feel like some or all plugins may in fact be downloaded and added to your build.

1 Like

@everyone,

I know that plugins are a hot topic right now, so if anyone can do better job of responding please take the time and help @Narkoz out.

1 Like

I excluded plugins from build.settings, which for some reason could not loading.
Others plugins started to be cached and no load with every update of the simulator.

Probably some plugins (‘plugin.mailgun-sender’, ‘plugin.spiralcode.facebook’) could not load. For this reason, all other plugins could not be cached.

Thanks to everyone, the problem is resolved!

@Narkoz, Lerg (the developer of spiralcode) has setup everything for Solar2D here: https://spiralcodestudio.com/solar2d/plugins/

You’ll have to become a minimum $5/mo Patreon supporter for Lerg to use his plugins. But he is very responsive.

As for the other issue, I recommend supporting @vlads, too, as he’s the developer and has to prioritize his time. I’m supporting him with $100/mo and may increase that over time to help insure the Solar2D platform moves ahead. You can support him in two ways as follows:

1. github sponsor: https://github.com/sponsors/Shchvova
  2. Patreon sponsor: https://www.patreon.com/shchvova

It’s worth noting that vlad has already brought over all the plugins where the publisher was coronalabs.com.

@Scott_Harrison has developed the GameCenter and Apple Sign In plugins for iOS and they work great, too.
Good luck!