Posting local image to Facebook using Social plugin

I’m using the Social plugin to allow an user to share a local image on social media. Every platform inclusing gmail, twitter seems to work except Facebook. Facebook won’t post the image. Is this normal or am I missing something here?

Thanks.

local function onShareButtonReleased( event )         --display.save( group, {filename="myScreenshot.jpg", baseDir = system.TemporaryDirectory})         display.save( group, {filename="myScreenshot.jpg", baseDir = system.DocumentsDirectory})         --display.save( group, {filename="myScreenshot.jpg", baseDir = system.ResourceDirectory})         native.showPopup( "social",         {             image =             {                                  --{filename="myScreenshot.jpg", baseDir = system.TemporaryDirectory},                 {filename="myScreenshot.jpg", baseDir = system.DocumentsDirectory},                 --{ filename="myScreenshot.jpg", baseDir=system.ResourceDirectory }             },                     })     end

When you say it’s not posting. Are you including text with the image? Is the code above the total code for your function? 

What version of Corona are you building with?

What device are you testing on? (Model + Android OS)

Do you have the native facebook app installed and you’re logged in to it?

Are you getting any errors?

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for taking an interest in my query. :slight_smile:

Now to answer your questions -

The code I posted is the whole code. I’m trying only to post an image without anything else.

1. I’ve tried using both the latest Public Build and Daily Release.

2. I’m using a old 4.4.2  Android Phone(Lenovo)

3. I have the native Facebook app installed and am logged in. When I press the share button, Facebook lets me go to the wall and gives me the chance to post something. But the problem is the image doesn’t appear. I’m not having this problem in other platforms like Twitter or Tumblr.

Can you put together a small project (main.lua, config.lua, build.settings and any assets needed to build and run the app) and put it in a .zip file and share it with me?

Thanks

Rob

Here’s the stripped down version. Thanks for taking a look.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0tYP2H1DbPBeDRrR2tWbXkwT2M

(Hope posting an outside link is okay.)

Hi @thhale1963 

There is no code in the main.lua of the project you posted. Can you look at it again? I need to be able to load and build the project without modification.

Thanks

Rob

When you say it’s not posting. Are you including text with the image? Is the code above the total code for your function? 

What version of Corona are you building with?

What device are you testing on? (Model + Android OS)

Do you have the native facebook app installed and you’re logged in to it?

Are you getting any errors?

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for taking an interest in my query. :slight_smile:

Now to answer your questions -

The code I posted is the whole code. I’m trying only to post an image without anything else.

1. I’ve tried using both the latest Public Build and Daily Release.

2. I’m using a old 4.4.2  Android Phone(Lenovo)

3. I have the native Facebook app installed and am logged in. When I press the share button, Facebook lets me go to the wall and gives me the chance to post something. But the problem is the image doesn’t appear. I’m not having this problem in other platforms like Twitter or Tumblr.

Can you put together a small project (main.lua, config.lua, build.settings and any assets needed to build and run the app) and put it in a .zip file and share it with me?

Thanks

Rob

Here’s the stripped down version. Thanks for taking a look.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0tYP2H1DbPBeDRrR2tWbXkwT2M

(Hope posting an outside link is okay.)

Hi @thhale1963 

There is no code in the main.lua of the project you posted. Can you look at it again? I need to be able to load and build the project without modification.

Thanks

Rob