[PRISM] Grouped/relative behaviour when moving emitter

Hi Caleb,

When I move the emitter (attached to my physics object) this moves all particles relative to the emitter. Do I need to insert particles into a separate display object to prevent this behaviour? Is there a cleaner way of doing this? e.g. smoke from an exhaust; car goes faster; want emitted particles to be left behind rather than staying in synch when I change emitter.x

Thanks for a great toolset by the way!

Cheers,

Andrew

Sorry for not answering sooner.

I can’t believe it, but I actually left this functionality out of the library! I’ve just pushed an update to the repo, however, which fixes it. Download the latest commit, then:

emitter.emitX, emitter.emitY = carExhaustPipeX, carExhaustPipeY -- This is relative to the emitter, so (500, 500) when the emitter.x/y is (500, 500) will result in a perceived position of (1000, 1000). Localize the coordinates to position it at a single point.
  • Caleb

Thanks Caleb - much obliged, and thankyou for such a prompt update and response!

Cheers,

Andrew

Sorry for not answering sooner.

I can’t believe it, but I actually left this functionality out of the library! I’ve just pushed an update to the repo, however, which fixes it. Download the latest commit, then:

emitter.emitX, emitter.emitY = carExhaustPipeX, carExhaustPipeY -- This is relative to the emitter, so (500, 500) when the emitter.x/y is (500, 500) will result in a perceived position of (1000, 1000). Localize the coordinates to position it at a single point.
  • Caleb

Thanks Caleb - much obliged, and thankyou for such a prompt update and response!

Cheers,

Andrew