Problem Finding IOS native plugin in Simulator Build

Hi I am attempting my first native plugin and have followed the instructions in the Solar 2D documentation. Its a C based plugin and I have it working fine in Xcode. I have the lib plugin_triangle.a file. Have followed the instructions about self hosting the plugin creating the metadata.lua file and taring it and putting it in the ~/Solar2D/… file structure, updated the build settings as per instructions etc. I have checked everything is named appropriately as per the documentation. When I require the plugin in sublime I receive the dreaded message below, basically the solar2d build can’t find the plugin.

Am I missing something really simple ? It is possible to run the simulator with a new plugin I assume, the documentation seems to suggest it ?

Any help is greatly received as I am at a complete loss as too what to do next

Apologies if this is a well trodden path but I can’t find any solutions to the question in the forum.

Thanks in anticipation
David

ERROR: Runtime error
/Users/runner/work/corona/corona/platform/resources/init.lua:931: module ‘plugin_triangle’ not found:
no field package.preload[‘plugin_triangle’]
no file ‘/Users/davidfilbee/Library/Application Support/Corona/Simulator/Plugins/plugin_triangle.lua’
no file ‘/Users/davidfilbee/Dropbox/My Mac (David’s MacBook Pro (2))/Documents/Corona Apps/Triangle/plugin_triangle.lua’
no file ‘/Applications/Corona-3635/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/plugin_triangle.lua’
no file ‘/Users/davidfilbee/Library/Application Support/Corona/Simulator/Plugins/plugin_triangle.dylib’
no file ‘./plugin_triangle.dylib’
no file ‘/Applications/Corona-3635/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/plugin_triangle.dylib’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘require’
/Users/runner/work/corona/corona/platform/resources/init.lua:931: in function ‘require’
/Users/davidfilbee/Dropbox/My Mac (David’s MacBook Pro (2))/Documents/Corona Apps/Triangle/main.lua:9: in main chunk.