Problem with dragging assets from one project to another (OSX)

hi,

unfortunately very often if I’m dragging assets from one project to another , it don’t work. The same with dragging project folders from finder to CPM.

Is that a known issue, and is there solution.

thx! [import]uid: 53732 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 315890[/import]

I see this also.

So the solution is: COMMAND+C / COMMAND+V and forget dragging by now.
Regards, [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 58774[/import]

AFAIS copy’n’paste do not work on files in CPM. [import]uid: 53732 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 58785[/import]

Yes, does not work on CPM.

Sorry, I did not know that.

PS: I was telling about the system not CPM itself. [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 58786[/import]

A note of caution, dragging and dropping from a folder to another on the Mac will result in moving the file, so you will have lost it in the original location.

Same goes for copying a folder with the same name, though windows will merge the contents, on a Mac it will get overwritten (until Lion, they tried to fix it)

cheers,

?:slight_smile: [import]uid: 3826 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 58797[/import]

Yes Jayant,

Youre right mate!

btw my lion does keep both files together in the same folder, just renumbered as well.
Thanks,
[import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 58799[/import]

Sorry, i don’t think that is a OSX/WIN thing. I actually meant the borrowing asset function IN CMP. So that what Jay do in this video on 0:23

http://coronaprojectmanager.com/learningcenter/video.php?m=428&t=Borrowing+Assets

I do exactly the same, but in over 50% it doesn’t work. Sometimes I have to restart CPM, sometimes also that doesn’t is a solution.

The only method which always works, is to show the file in finder, go to the target-project in CPM and move the file from finder to the asset list.

[import]uid: 53732 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 58815[/import]

sunmils, are you using Windows or Mac?

Jay

PS - Sorry for the delay in replying, I’m in the middle of being sick right now and not spending much time online.
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 59010[/import]

Duh! Just saw from the title of the thread you’re talking about Mac. :slight_smile:

Dragging assets from the list into a different project needs some tweaking, I’ll agree. But it should work (pretty much every time) if you make sure to drop the asset you’re copying on top of the folder icon of the new project, and not the name. Usually that will do the trick.

The entire Project pane is getting an overhaul soon and I’ll be moving away from the 3rd-party control I’m now using to something that’s more easily tweaked.

jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 59024[/import]

Hi Jay,

hmm i tried that already, before posting, with dragging on the icon, and even now again. But unfortunately bootless.

But even if it is a bit annoying, everything else works fine. And if its gonna be better in a further release - perfekt.

Thanks anyway! [import]uid: 53732 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 59384[/import]

sunmils, thanks for your patience and attitude. I appreciate that in the face of an annoying bug a user shouldn’t ever see.

I have so many things on the CPM wish list it isn’t even funny, and makes weeks like this (where I’m too sick to work much) even more frustrating.

Hopefully I’ll be able to jump back on it soon and get some of the fixes and enhancements rolled out.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 15890 reply_id: 59389[/import]