problems creating Apple Dev certificate

I’m following the instructions here Solar2D Documentation — Developer Guides | Building/Distribution

I’m trying to create a new certificate however it appears that the docs are out of date.

The Apple developer portal is asking me to select a service, what should I choose here?

These are the available ‘services’ :

• Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox)

Establish connectivity between your notification server and the Apple Push Notification service sandbox environment to deliver remote notifications to your app. A separate certificate is required for each app you develop.

• Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production)

Establish connectivity between your notification server, the Apple Push Notification service sandbox, and production environments to deliver remote notifications to your app. When utilizing HTTP/2, the same certificate can be used to deliver app notifications, update ClockKit complication data, and alert background VoIP apps of incoming activity. A separate certificate is required for each app you distribute.

• Pass Type ID Certificate

Sign and send updates to passes in Wallet.

• Website Push ID Certificate

Sign and send updates for Websites.

• Swift Package Collection Certificate

Sign Swift Package Collections for distribution.

• WatchKit Services Certificate

Establish connectivity between your notification server, the Apple Push Notification service sandbox, and production environment to update ClockKit complication data. When utilizing HTTP/2, the same certificate can be used to deliver app notifications, update ClockKit complication data, and alert background VoIP apps of incoming activity. A separate certificate is required for each app you distribute.

• VoIP Services Certificate

Establish connectivity between your notification server, the Apple Push Notification service sandbox, and production environment to alert background VoIP apps of incoming activity. A separate certificate is required for each app you distribute.

• Apple Pay Payment Processing Certificate

Decrypt app transaction data sent by Apple to a merchant/developer.

• Apple Pay Merchant Identity Certificate

A client TLS certificate that is used to authenticate you to Apple Pay Payment Processing Servers

@all - Please chime in if I’m wrong here.

@rootuid
Actually, I if you’re making a dev (not for store distribution) certificate, I believe you want to select ‘Apple Development’, then you should not be faced with the services list.

Note: I’m a little rusty, but that’s the way I read your choices. That ‘ios App Development’ choice is new to me.

PS - FWIW - In my (past) experience, keeping up with the changing process of Apple has always been a pain, so don’t be surprised if the Solar2D docs lag behind Apple changes. Apple regularly tweaks it.

it has been a while since I created my certificates, but for what help it might be … I don’t use any of the services, so I just ignore that section. I make 2 certificates, they expire after 12 months and I have to renew them. I make iOS development and iOS Distribution. In each case that is the only button I select on that screen. But I think there is now a ‘development’ certificate called ‘all platforms’, and am not sure that would suffice instead of the ‘iOS Development’ certificate or not. But using just the two that I make seems to work for my apps. No telling what else they may change by the time my certificates are due to renew.

I hope this helps you in some way.