Profiler - Memory Graph details

Is there a way to see the lines/functions that are using memory in the profiler?

Example: I opened my game and left it there without any interaction. The memory graph shows a constant increase/decrease and I would like to find out who is behind that increase.

+1 for this

your old profiler code had this in there, but i can’t get that to work any more…

@Renato,

the memory pattern in the screenshot looks normal. The garbage collector works intermittently so you will always get a sawtooth shape but the peaks and valleys seem to occur at the same place so no problem there.

@punyroboto,

We will see about adding a feature in Glider profiler that will help pinpoint memory leaks. Still trying to think of the best interface to achieve this goal but I think a table showing the 10 largest lua tables and especially those that keep increasing in size.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

The app was without any interaction, so the memory graph should be a line, not a sequence of peaks and valley, doesn’t it?.

I think that the pattern was created because I had some function that was consuming/releasing memory at a fixed time/frames intervals. I just wanted to find out what function was that.

@punyroboto,

We will see about adding a feature in Glider profiler that will help pinpoint memory leaks. Still trying to think of the best interface to achieve this goal but I think a table showing the 10 largest lua tables and especially those that keep increasing in size.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

that sounds really useful, thanks! 

though i must admit i liked the interface in your old profiler that had the line of code at each major change of memory.

Hi M.Y developers,

I am using it for the first time, its taking very long time to perform its operation. That too when enable mode 4 its takes at least 30 min to debug. Why is this happening . Its not specific , that which line causes the problem . Where can i get the detailed support for this ?

Thanks,

Kumar KS

Hi M.Y Developers ,

Can i test the memory leak and other problems, while running my game ? Or it will always show at the beginning of the game.

Is there any way to check my performance at run time?

Thanks,

Kumar KS

+1 for this

your old profiler code had this in there, but i can’t get that to work any more…

@Renato,

the memory pattern in the screenshot looks normal. The garbage collector works intermittently so you will always get a sawtooth shape but the peaks and valleys seem to occur at the same place so no problem there.

@punyroboto,

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

The app was without any interaction, so the memory graph should be a line, not a sequence of peaks and valley, doesn’t it?.

I think that the pattern was created because I had some function that was consuming/releasing memory at a fixed time/frames intervals. I just wanted to find out what function was that.

@punyroboto,

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

that sounds really useful, thanks! 

though i must admit i liked the interface in your old profiler that had the line of code at each major change of memory.

Hi M.Y developers,

I am using it for the first time, its taking very long time to perform its operation. That too when enable mode 4 its takes at least 30 min to debug. Why is this happening . Its not specific , that which line causes the problem . Where can i get the detailed support for this ?

Thanks,

Kumar KS

Hi M.Y Developers ,

Can i test the memory leak and other problems, while running my game ? Or it will always show at the beginning of the game.

Is there any way to check my performance at run time?

Thanks,

Kumar KS