I installed Corona SDK

I installed CoronaCards extensions

Installed Visual Studio 2013 pro

I created a new project

and navigated

installed -> templates -> visual c# -> Corona

and when I click “ok”

I get this error 

The project “some path” cannot be opened.

There is a missing project subtype
Subtype {some classid} is unsupported by this installation.

OS is windows 8.1 64 bit

Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0.31101.1 REL

.NET framework 4.5.51641

This sounds like an installation issue.  Try uninstalling the CoronaCards extension from Visual Studio and then re-installing it.  Our uninstall instructions can be found here…

https://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/coronacards/wp8/uninstall.html

You should close *all* Visual Studio windows before re-installing.  This is because Visual Studio might still be caching remnants of the old CoronaCards extension in memory.

hi there thanks josh for the reply.But that still didnt solve my problem.

Then there must be something wrong with your Visual Studio installation.  I recommend that you “repair” it.  To do so, you must do the following:

1. Close all Visual Studio windows.
  2. Go to the Windows’ “Uninstall or change a program” window.
  3. Select “Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013” in the list.
  4. Click the “Change” button.
  5. Click the “Repair” button.

And if it makes you feel any better, I’m running Windows 8.1 Pro and using Visual Studio 2013 Pro as well.  It definitely works for me and other Corona developers.  These type of errors are typically installation issues that are beyond our control.

Thanks for your answers josh. I Updated my visual studio 2013 to update 4 and tried everything over and it worked just fine :smiley:

Great!  Have fun working on WP8!

This sounds like an installation issue.  Try uninstalling the CoronaCards extension from Visual Studio and then re-installing it.  Our uninstall instructions can be found here…

https://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/coronacards/wp8/uninstall.html

You should close *all* Visual Studio windows before re-installing.  This is because Visual Studio might still be caching remnants of the old CoronaCards extension in memory.

hi there thanks josh for the reply.But that still didnt solve my problem.

Then there must be something wrong with your Visual Studio installation.  I recommend that you “repair” it.  To do so, you must do the following:

1. Close all Visual Studio windows.
  2. Go to the Windows’ “Uninstall or change a program” window.
  3. Select “Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013” in the list.
  4. Click the “Change” button.
  5. Click the “Repair” button.

And if it makes you feel any better, I’m running Windows 8.1 Pro and using Visual Studio 2013 Pro as well.  It definitely works for me and other Corona developers.  These type of errors are typically installation issues that are beyond our control.

Thanks for your answers josh. I Updated my visual studio 2013 to update 4 and tried everything over and it worked just fine :smiley:

Great!  Have fun working on WP8!