project "contains files with errors"

I have a note on my project folder that says “contains files with errors”. But there are no files with errors. It seems that it is caused by some missed old files. Is there a way to clean the cache?

Hello sunmils,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, you can do this by clearing the user directory. Please go to help->user directory and delete the contents inside there. Please be aware that this will also delete all  your preferences so please make sure you back up the preferences by going to Tools->settings->export and you can import it back later after you clear the directory. Please let us know if this works.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi,

unfortunately not. It didn’t work. As soon as I open a file from the project, the error is shown again. Is there any way to show the related error? Very strange that, as I said before, there are no files with errors.

Hello sunmils,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, you can do this by clearing the user directory. Please go to help->user directory and delete the contents inside there. Please be aware that this will also delete all  your preferences so please make sure you back up the preferences by going to Tools->settings->export and you can import it back later after you clear the directory. Please let us know if this works.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi,

unfortunately not. It didn’t work. As soon as I open a file from the project, the error is shown again. Is there any way to show the related error? Very strange that, as I said before, there are no files with errors.

The problem was the languages.settings file from the rosetta language class. Changed it to .json and everything is fine now.

The problem was the languages.settings file from the rosetta language class. Changed it to .json and everything is fine now.

I ran into this problem as well, and deleting the dev directory didn’t fix it.  I found some advice on a NetBeans forum that suggested drilling down through the user directory: /dev/var/cache/index and checking the errors in the subdirectories located there.  Eventually I found the source of my error: in my build.settings file I had an extra double quote.  I removed it, and that pesky exclamation mark no longer shows up on my project.  Hope that helps you!

–Lisa

Hello sunmils and lisa.benko,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine. 

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I ran into this problem as well, and deleting the dev directory didn’t fix it.  I found some advice on a NetBeans forum that suggested drilling down through the user directory: /dev/var/cache/index and checking the errors in the subdirectories located there.  Eventually I found the source of my error: in my build.settings file I had an extra double quote.  I removed it, and that pesky exclamation mark no longer shows up on my project.  Hope that helps you!

–Lisa

Hello sunmils and lisa.benko,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine. 

Regards,

M.Y. Developers