Project does not run with Glider

Hello Mat,

Ok great! Our Mac users are having some problems about Glider freezing and code complete not working, have you experienced any of these issues on windows? Please let us know.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers 

No, I have not seen any freezing.

I just applied the latest update and now Lua Glider will not start? I am still running a trial version, but everything was fine before the update. Now when I launch the program, I get warning from Windows and I allow the program to run. I see the Glider screen and the progress bar moving then the screen goes blank and the application never starts. If I try to double click the shortcut again, nothing happens. I need to restart my computer to at least see the program attempt to run. Any ideas?

If it would help diagnose the problem I would happy to run a join.me session to see what is happening. I would sned the logs, but I can not get into the app. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello Mat,

Sorry about this, we were having issues with the auto-updater so we released a new installer package with the updates pre-installed. It is not clear how the updater managed to break the installation but uninstalling and re-installing with the packaged found at:

http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/Glider/

Should fix the problem.

If not, then please delete everything except the config directory found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming.luagliderv19\dev

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Sorry I saw other posts after I placed my question. It looks like there is a problem with that update, but I tried to unistall and reinstall several times without any success. I will be traveling tomorrow and will try again on Sunday. Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter, I an sure you will resolve the issue with the update. Thanks!

OK, got it working again this morning. The uninstall must not have been removing everything because of the failed start. Today I did the uninstall after a clean reboot to ensure everything was closed. Did a fresh download and reinstall to see Glider now start correctly. Thanks for posting the fix so quickly!

Hello Mat,

Great. Let us know if you come across anything else. Most of our bug reports have been Mac related, not sure if that is because the windows side is good or we don’t have enough windows users.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi. I have had a problem running my corona projects in Windows 8.1 ever since the 2.0 Glider update.  I can load and edit my project, but the run and build actions do nothing.  I never see any activity except a running… status in the lower left hand corner.  I uploaded the logs for review.  I looked through the IDE log and I found java lang exceptions. One in particular lists the corona bridge.  BTW, I also tried running Glider in administrator mode, which had no effect.  Also, I am able to run, debug, and build my project on my MAC without issue.  

Also tried the following:

I uninstalled and reinstalled java 7.

I did a windows refresh (new registry, I think) and then reinstalled everything - still not working

Project runs fine using the Corona simulator

One more detail:

Back when Glider worked, when I installed it, it broke my ability to run the corona simulator without using glider.  This did not happen with the most recent install of Glider. Glider installed and the Corona Simulator can be run on it’s own.  Not sure if this is a symptom, so I thought I’d mention it…

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Here is a portion of the log with java lang exceptions:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time

at java.io.File.setLastModified(File.java:1421)

at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.doCopyFile(FileUtils.java:686)

at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:653)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.FolderSynchronize.copyAndOverwriteFile(FolderSynchronize.java:59)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.FolderSynchronize.synchronizeFilePairs(FolderSynchronize.java:31)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.ProjectBuildManager.synchronize(ProjectBuildManager.java:190)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.ProjectBuildManager.synchronizeForDebug(ProjectBuildManager.java:122)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.LuaProject.buildForDebuggingAndGetBuildFolder(LuaProject.java:279)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.buildForDebug(CoronaBridge.java:1078)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.runOrDebug(CoronaBridge.java:759)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.run(CoronaBridge.java:795)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.Actions.CiderRunAction$1.run(CiderRunAction.java:39)

at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)

[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

WARNING [org.openide.nodes.FilterNode]: Cannot return null from com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.FileNode.ProjectNode.LuaProjectFilterNode.getIcon

Update 

I can create a new project and Glider will connect and run the simulator, but my project will not run.  I copied my files into the working project directory except I kept the ciderdebugger.lua file - doesn’t work anymore

Glider doesn’t seem to keep the ciderdebugger file updated.  If I move the folder around the file does not update the directory locations.

If I delete the file, Glider doesn’t replace it.  Why not? Shouldn’t Glider do this on startup? Can I force Glider to do this?

@ryanwenck

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please close Glider, delete/rename the gliderproperties.proj file. Then reopen Glider and try again. Please let us know if this fixes the issue you are having.

Thanks.

M.Y. Developers

Hi. I have had a problem running my corona projects in Windows 8.1 ever since the 2.0 Glider update.  I can load and edit my project, but the run and build actions do nothing.  I never see any activity except a running… status in the lower left hand corner.  I uploaded the logs for review.  I looked through the IDE log and I found java lang exceptions. One in particular lists the corona bridge.  BTW, I also tried running Glider in administrator mode, which had no effect.  Also, I am able to run, debug, and build my project on my MAC without issue.  

Also tried the following:

I uninstalled and reinstalled java 7.

I did a windows refresh (new registry, I think) and then reinstalled everything - still not working

Project runs fine using the Corona simulator

One more detail:

Back when Glider worked, when I installed it, it broke my ability to run the corona simulator without using glider.  This did not happen with the most recent install of Glider. Glider installed and the Corona Simulator can be run on it’s own.  Not sure if this is a symptom, so I thought I’d mention it…

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Here is a portion of the log with java lang exceptions:

at java.io.File.setLastModified(File.java:1421)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.FolderSynchronize.copyAndOverwriteFile(FolderSynchronize.java:59)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.FolderSynchronize.synchronizeFilePairs(FolderSynchronize.java:31)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.ProjectBuildManager.synchronize(ProjectBuildManager.java:190)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.ProjectManagerAndBuilder.Builder.ProjectBuildManager.synchronizeForDebug(ProjectBuildManager.java:122)

at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.LuaProject.buildForDebuggingAndGetBuildFolder(LuaProject.java:279)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.buildForDebug(CoronaBridge.java:1078)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.runOrDebug(CoronaBridge.java:759)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.run(CoronaBridge.java:795)

[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

WARNING [org.openide.nodes.FilterNode]: Cannot return null from com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.LuaProject.FileNode.ProjectNode.LuaProjectFilterNode.getIcon

Update 

I can create a new project and Glider will connect and run the simulator, but my project will not run.  I copied my files into the working project directory except I kept the ciderdebugger.lua file - doesn’t work anymore

Glider doesn’t seem to keep the ciderdebugger file updated.  If I move the folder around the file does not update the directory locations.

If I delete the file, Glider doesn’t replace it.  Why not? Shouldn’t Glider do this on startup? Can I force Glider to do this?

@ryanwenck

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please close Glider, delete/rename the gliderproperties.proj file. Then reopen Glider and try again. Please let us know if this fixes the issue you are having.

Thanks.

M.Y. Developers

Hello M.Y.developers,

I have the same problem. After debugging a couple times I get this exception:

at java.io.File.setLastModified(File.java:1427)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.buildForDebug(CoronaBridge.java:1083)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.runOrDebug(CoronaBridge.java:763)

at com.MYDevelopers.Cider.CoronaBridge.CoronaBridge.run(CoronaBridge.java:799)

Deleting the proj file and restarting only resulting in the exception not being shown anymore. Nothing happens when I click the build or debug buttons though.

edit: ok weird. “run project” once now made it possible to run debug again. This feels very shaky.

edit2: ok I’ve used Glider all day and yes, this happens way too often to be a minor issue. are you on your way to fix it? I can’t keep restarting the IDE and deleting that file all the time.

@benny5,

Please make sure you have the latest version of Glider. You can see the version by going to window->what’s new and you should have Glider 2.1.31. Then please go to Tools->Options->Glider options->Editor-> and check “do not copy files” box. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Thanks for replying. I have the latest version. But where is the option you speak of?

glider.png

hello benny5,

Unfortunately, the scrollbar is not showing so the “project management” section is hidden. If you re-size the window, you should be able to see it. We will fix this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Thank you it seems more stable now. I’m starting to like Glider now :slight_smile:

Hello benny5,

You’re welcome. Thanks for your support!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I had the same issue, the way to fix it is closing the glider ide and by removing the ciderDebugger.proj file from the project main directory and starting glider ide again. 

I hope you will fix this soon, and please respond to my emails…:wink:

@sworteu,

Thanks for your help! We apologize for missing your email. Could you please let us know the ticket# or the email address and we will make sure the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

@M.Y.developers

Perhaps you send it to the wrong address (my old email)

I will mail right now with the new address.

Thanks