Project does not run with Glider

I downloaed and installed Lua Glider. The program starts fine and let’s me open my project, but I can not run the debugger. I am running Win7 - 64 bit and I originally installed the 64 bit version. This was not running either so I uninstalled and downloaded the 32 bit version, same problem.

if I click on the Debug toolbar icon, I can see the debug buttons flash and then disappear. In the tutorial it mentions adding require “CiderDebugger” at the top of the main.lua. I tried this, but the debugger will still not start. If I attempt to run Corona simulator on it’s own, it generates an error message that ciderdebugger is not found. So, do I need to:

1. Set a path to lua glider or copy some glider files to my project?

2. Make a change to the WIN User Account Control? I get prompted every time I start Corona and I thought maybe Lua Glider can’t launch the simulator?

3. I am running a trial version of Corona, is glider compatible with the trial version?

4. Something else that I am missing?

Any ideas or help are appreciated.

Hello Mat,

We sent you an email about this issue yesterday, did you not receive it? You may need to change the Corona executable path like this:

http://static.xscreenshot.com/2013/06/10/06/screen_1c125efcd308cf161c31741821e563da

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

No, sorry I did not see your reply, I just checked again and the message got sent to the spam folder by gmail.

I checked the executable path and it looks correct. I clicked Browse to verify and this matches my Corona install. Anything else I can test?

Hello Mat,

Please be sure to mark it as “not spam” so they can correct their spam filter. 

We sent you an invite on gchat. It will help us fix your issue faster if we can chat rather than go back and forth on email/forum posts.

We really need to update our documentation/videos, the only thing you should need to do to get started is set the corona path and hit debug. All other stuff should be handled for you. 

Also, if you could please upload the IDE logs via help->upload logs, it will help us narrow the problem.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

OK, if I run Lua Glider as admin, the program now launches fine. Thanks for your assistance!

Hello Mat,

We have been trying to look for a solution to this but have not come with anything. Have you come across any issues running as admin? We have not tested as admin b/c this should not be necessary.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

No issues, the program has been running great as admin.

Hello Mat,

Ok great! Our Mac users are having some problems about Glider freezing and code complete not working, have you experienced any of these issues on windows? Please let us know.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers 

No, I have not seen any freezing.

Hello Mat,

We sent you an email about this issue yesterday, did you not receive it? You may need to change the Corona executable path like this:

http://static.xscreenshot.com/2013/06/10/06/screen_1c125efcd308cf161c31741821e563da

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

No, sorry I did not see your reply, I just checked again and the message got sent to the spam folder by gmail.

I checked the executable path and it looks correct. I clicked Browse to verify and this matches my Corona install. Anything else I can test?

Hello Mat,

Please be sure to mark it as “not spam” so they can correct their spam filter. 

We sent you an invite on gchat. It will help us fix your issue faster if we can chat rather than go back and forth on email/forum posts.

We really need to update our documentation/videos, the only thing you should need to do to get started is set the corona path and hit debug. All other stuff should be handled for you. 

Also, if you could please upload the IDE logs via help->upload logs, it will help us narrow the problem.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

OK, if I run Lua Glider as admin, the program now launches fine. Thanks for your assistance!

Hello Mat,

We have been trying to look for a solution to this but have not come with anything. Have you come across any issues running as admin? We have not tested as admin b/c this should not be necessary.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I just applied the latest update and now Lua Glider will not start? I am still running a trial version, but everything was fine before the update. Now when I launch the program, I get warning from Windows and I allow the program to run. I see the Glider screen and the progress bar moving then the screen goes blank and the application never starts. If I try to double click the shortcut again, nothing happens. I need to restart my computer to at least see the program attempt to run. Any ideas?

If it would help diagnose the problem I would happy to run a join.me session to see what is happening. I would sned the logs, but I can not get into the app. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello Mat,

Sorry about this, we were having issues with the auto-updater so we released a new installer package with the updates pre-installed. It is not clear how the updater managed to break the installation but uninstalling and re-installing with the packaged found at:

http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/Glider/

Should fix the problem.

If not, then please delete everything except the config directory found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming.luagliderv19\dev

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Sorry I saw other posts after I placed my question. It looks like there is a problem with that update, but I tried to unistall and reinstall several times without any success. I will be traveling tomorrow and will try again on Sunday. Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter, I an sure you will resolve the issue with the update. Thanks!

OK, got it working again this morning. The uninstall must not have been removing everything because of the failed start. Today I did the uninstall after a clean reboot to ensure everything was closed. Did a fresh download and reinstall to see Glider now start correctly. Thanks for posting the fix so quickly!

No issues, the program has been running great as admin.

Hello Mat,

Great. Let us know if you come across anything else. Most of our bug reports have been Mac related, not sure if that is because the windows side is good or we don’t have enough windows users.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers