Push Notification Issue on Android 13

Push notifications do not seem to be working properly on Android 13. I receive the notifications just fine, however, if the app is suspended in the background or inactive altogether, then interacting with the notification does nothing. The notification just disappears and launchargs never fires. But if the app is active in the foreground, interacting with the notification works as it should and launchargs fires.

It could have something to do with this article.

I tried adding “android.permission.POST_NOTIFICATIONS” to my build.settings and then asking the user for permission, but the app says I do not have POST_NOTIFICATIONS in my build.settings/manifest.xml, (which I do). I also tried targeting minSdkVersion = “33” but that didn’t work either.

As a FYI, older versions of Android seem to work fine, so it seems to be limited to Android 13.

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance.

Scott.

Hi,

The issue is also occurring on android version 12 and in plugin notification (legacy).

During the tests I was doing here, I noticed that some warnings are occurring when you try to invoke a local notification utilizing notifications.scheduleNotification command:

WARNING: notifications.scheduleNotification(time [, options]), Invalid option ‘custom’
Jan 25 10:54:01.805 SM-M536B: WARNING: notifications.scheduleNotification(time [, options]), Invalid option ‘alert’
Jan 25 10:54:01.805 SM-M536B: WARNING: notifications.scheduleNotification(time [, options]), Invalid option ‘sound’

Even using the options that are in example code that are in notification.v2 plugin page:

location options = {
alert = “Wake up!”,
badge = 2,
sound = “alarm.caf”,
custom = { foo = “bar” }
}

The problem also happens in the example that are in /Samplecode /System/LocalNotifications in Corona Disrectory

The plugin works correctly on the iOS from the tests I’ve done.

If anyone needs to test something, they can count on me

Thanks for testing Luiz.

I do not have an Android 12 device to test with, but I do have a few older devices (7.1.1) and the notifications do work correctly on them. I have two Android 13 devices, a Google Pixel Pro 6 and a Samsung Tab A8 and the push notifications are not working correctly on those.

Also, I am not utilizing local notifications, only push so I am not sure if the errors you are seeing with local notifications are related to the issue I am seeing or not.

Like you, my testing on IOS confirms the push notifications are working properly there.

Thanks again!

I have resolved this issue. Seems I fat-fingered the payload for the push. While the notifications were coming through fine, it was just enough to cause this problem.