Question on Follow Path using Bezier

Hi Alan,

I noticed that if I have an object follow a Bezier Path, the Rebound parameter seems to have no effect at all (eg. the object doesn’t go back from where it reached the path end. Instead it ‘warps’ back from the other end of the bezier).

Is this to be expected?  

Cheer,

Santi

1. Please post your code.

2. Please post your code using the code post button <>

3. Please keep your posted code boiled down to the essentials.

1. The Follow Path feature of Level Director X is within LDX itself.

2. Even If I show you my code, it doesn’t help because the code for Follow path is generated by LDX 

3. I’d rather share you the LDX Project than my code.  It makes more sense.  

Hi Santi,

I did a quick test and it worked ok, could you confirm which version of LD_HelperX.lua you are using (at the top of the file)?

Hi Alan, thanks for the prompt reply.  

it’s  “Level Director - LD_HelperX v1.3” 

cheers

my other paths are ok, even those with multiple nodes.  “Rebound” works as expected.  

But bezier curves with many nodes doesn’t.  

Yes, this was an issue in an earlier version, I would try using v1.5, have you downloaded the latest version of LDX recently?

Oh my bad!  That should explain why.   This is another project I left for some time, and I just got the motivation to continue working on it… I didn’t realize it had an outdated HelperX.

Thanks a ton Alan.

As always, great support!

Cheers,

Santi

1. Please post your code.

2. Please post your code using the code post button <>

3. Please keep your posted code boiled down to the essentials.

1. The Follow Path feature of Level Director X is within LDX itself.

2. Even If I show you my code, it doesn’t help because the code for Follow path is generated by LDX 

3. I’d rather share you the LDX Project than my code.  It makes more sense.  

Hi Santi,

I did a quick test and it worked ok, could you confirm which version of LD_HelperX.lua you are using (at the top of the file)?

Hi Alan, thanks for the prompt reply.  

it’s  “Level Director - LD_HelperX v1.3” 

cheers

my other paths are ok, even those with multiple nodes.  “Rebound” works as expected.  

But bezier curves with many nodes doesn’t.  

Yes, this was an issue in an earlier version, I would try using v1.5, have you downloaded the latest version of LDX recently?

Oh my bad!  That should explain why.   This is another project I left for some time, and I just got the motivation to continue working on it… I didn’t realize it had an outdated HelperX.

Thanks a ton Alan.

As always, great support!

Cheers,

Santi