Question on newInput and using setText / getText

Below is code example from their site using the newInput widget. How do I use the setText and getText? I tried using the name as the object like MyWidget:setText(“testing”) and it fails saying MyWidet is nil.

Also, when using setText does the text show or only the caption still? The caption is like a hint text which is nice but if you set test to the widget I would hope it shows instead.

Thanks,

Warren

-- REQUIRE THE LIBRARY \_G.GUI = require("widget\_candy") -- CREATE THE WIDGET \_G.GUI.NewInput( { x = "center", y = "center", width = "70%", theme = "MyTheme1", name = "MyWidget", caption = "Enter Your Name...", notEmpty = true, textColor = {20,40,20}, inputType = "default", -- "number" | "password" | "default" allowedChars = "ABCabc1234567890.!?", quitCaption = "Tap screen to finish text input.", onChange = function(EventData) print(EventData.value) end, onBlur = function(EventData) print(EventData.value) end, [any other properties...] } )

I have emailed their support and no replies at all. I have read where other people do not get replies either. I wish I had known this before I spent money on controls that I can’t get support for…

Warren

I have emailed their support and no replies at all. I have read where other people do not get replies either. I wish I had known this before I spent money on controls that I can’t get support for…

Warren