Questions

Possibly stupid question…

How do you create a second scene in the composer GUI? I’ve got my scene1.ccscene and scene1.lua matched and working great. But how do I start working on a new scene for the same project?

Every time I load up the composer it defaults to the scene1 and I don’t see a way to “create new scene” or anything.

Click on the Gear icon.  In the top left below the menu bar will be a text field that you can use to provide the scene name.

Rob

Hi Rob,

That doesn’t do anything, it continues to save as the same .ccscene file. What I mean is how do I create a brand new .ccscene file. IE: How do I create multiple levels if the Composer GUI just loads the first .ccscene (Level) file by default when you open it up?

My app will have multiple scenes and I’d like to use the composer GUI to design them all. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious “create new scene” button.

What version of Corona SDK are you using?   We roll out new features all the time.  Perhaps you need to grab the latest daily build.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have the latest version.

This is what I’m doing:

I have scene1 open in the Composer GUI, I have been working on it etc… and I have a scene1.lua file that goes with it and everything works.

I now want to work on another scene, scene 2. With scene1 still open in the Composer GUI I click the gear icon, and change the name to scene2 as per your instructions.

Nothing happens. I save it, and still nothing happens. I don’t get a brand new canvas for scene2. Scene1.ccscene and scene1.lua don’t change their name, nothing visible seems to happen.

Let me ask…

Rob

Did you ask? What’s the answer to his question?

No let me re-ask!

Rob

CMD-SHIFT-S  – Save As

alternatively you can start a new project and do a CMD-S and give it a new name.

Rob

Thanks rob, hopefully there will be a File -> New added in the future so we can just start with a blank canvas for each scene.

Click on the Gear icon.  In the top left below the menu bar will be a text field that you can use to provide the scene name.

Rob

Hi Rob,

That doesn’t do anything, it continues to save as the same .ccscene file. What I mean is how do I create a brand new .ccscene file. IE: How do I create multiple levels if the Composer GUI just loads the first .ccscene (Level) file by default when you open it up?

My app will have multiple scenes and I’d like to use the composer GUI to design them all. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious “create new scene” button.

What version of Corona SDK are you using?   We roll out new features all the time.  Perhaps you need to grab the latest daily build.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have the latest version.

This is what I’m doing:

I have scene1 open in the Composer GUI, I have been working on it etc… and I have a scene1.lua file that goes with it and everything works.

I now want to work on another scene, scene 2. With scene1 still open in the Composer GUI I click the gear icon, and change the name to scene2 as per your instructions.

Nothing happens. I save it, and still nothing happens. I don’t get a brand new canvas for scene2. Scene1.ccscene and scene1.lua don’t change their name, nothing visible seems to happen.

Let me ask…

Rob

Did you ask? What’s the answer to his question?

No let me re-ask!

Rob

CMD-SHIFT-S  – Save As

alternatively you can start a new project and do a CMD-S and give it a new name.

Rob

Thanks rob, hopefully there will be a File -> New added in the future so we can just start with a blank canvas for each scene.