re-installing the apk after live crashing

Hello,

the live build works with me, but there is a problem :

when I save ( “ctrl + s” ) my work on my computer, my device restart the apps and everything is good.

But if I have a wrong block of code that crush the program, like an infinite calculation :

while true do print(1) end

and I save, then my device restart and crash (my simulator too).

At that point, I can stop the Run process on my laptop to suppress wrong line of code and run again correctly, but not on my device.

I can restart my device, but there are no update of the code : it look’s to be trapped on the infinite code again.

So I am obliged to uninstall the app, and re-install apk and it’s work now (the app update the new code).

Do you have a solution about that ?

Thanks.

Thank you for bringing it up.

Unfortunately, infinite loops are problematic at this point. There is no solution I know about, but we would try to address it soon, like reset application if it crashed 2 times in a row or something.

Ok nice thanks for the answer.

When I have a doubt about a while boucle I include a counter on it, and break it after 1000 sequences !

I always have an apk on my phone so no need to re-transfer one from my computer to my device. (by bluetooth it’s quite long) 

But sometimes I forgot and I clean my old file of the phone, so it suppress my apk too ! lol

simply open and resave an asset to force a device refresh…

and obviously fix the infinite loop :slight_smile:

Thank you for bringing it up.

Unfortunately, infinite loops are problematic at this point. There is no solution I know about, but we would try to address it soon, like reset application if it crashed 2 times in a row or something.

Ok nice thanks for the answer.

When I have a doubt about a while boucle I include a counter on it, and break it after 1000 sequences !

I always have an apk on my phone so no need to re-transfer one from my computer to my device. (by bluetooth it’s quite long) 

But sometimes I forgot and I clean my old file of the phone, so it suppress my apk too ! lol

simply open and resave an asset to force a device refresh…

and obviously fix the infinite loop :slight_smile: