Realtime multiplayer sailboat battle arena

SailBoat Battle Arena is a realtime multiplayer team action shooter game. Sail around the screen shooting other boats, collecting gold coin and go to your port to upgrade your boat. 

The game is stable enough now that I can start Alpha testing.  The graphics are rudimentary and were quickly put together by me. I have a graphics designer who will be helping me finalize the graphics. I just need some ideas for a theme.

I have been using Photon for my Multiplayer capabilities and I want to say those guys have been great to work with and have answered any question I had in a timely manner and with very descriptive answers. Could not have done it without them. 

Here’s a link to the Android APK 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97869025/SailBoat.apk 

You can play this game alone, but it is better when you have other boats to shoot.  If you have two devices, or knows someone else with an android give them the file as well. I am on and playing periodically throughout the day so you may see me on there.

Chris 

Please let me know of any bugs or if you have any ideas that can make this game better.

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks to all who helped beta test. Sailboat Battle Arena is now available for Android 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rennie.sailboatbattlearena

Working with Photon was awesome ) Multiplayer games were always something I struggled with.  After working on Sailboat Battle I feel confident that I can use Photon in the future. With the latest news about turn-based, chat and custom code on the server I can’t imagine having any limitations to whatever my crazy head can think of for my next game. 

Chris 

BTW , the dropbox link in my previous posts will not work anymore. Please download from the Play store. It’s free so go check it out )

Thanks to all who helped beta test. Sailboat Battle Arena is now available for Android 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rennie.sailboatbattlearena

Working with Photon was awesome ) Multiplayer games were always something I struggled with.  After working on Sailboat Battle I feel confident that I can use Photon in the future. With the latest news about turn-based, chat and custom code on the server I can’t imagine having any limitations to whatever my crazy head can think of for my next game. 

Chris 

BTW , the dropbox link in my previous posts will not work anymore. Please download from the Play store. It’s free so go check it out )

I am trying to build a really simple multiplayer pong game and was wondering if you could help point me in the right direction, trying to figure out this stuff has been pretty difficult to dive into. 

I’d be happy to help.  Do you plan on having a lobby where the user selects a match to join or do you plan on auto matching people?  Have you played around with the photon samples? The samples give you the basic structure for matching users with each other and the sending of data between them. From there you change what data is being sent. 

For pong, after both users have joined, have the game start(ball starts moving). If the ball starts off moving left , the left side user’s phone should be controlling the location of the ball via the physics engine and send that data to the other user, who would take that data and update the location of their ball, not controlled by physics. When the ball is hit by a user’s paddle, swap control so the other user’s physics engine takes over moving the ball.  Doing it this way will help avoid sync errors by having the users who needs to be in sync controlling the ball. 

Chris

I am trying to build a really simple multiplayer pong game and was wondering if you could help point me in the right direction, trying to figure out this stuff has been pretty difficult to dive into. 

I’d be happy to help.  Do you plan on having a lobby where the user selects a match to join or do you plan on auto matching people?  Have you played around with the photon samples? The samples give you the basic structure for matching users with each other and the sending of data between them. From there you change what data is being sent. 

For pong, after both users have joined, have the game start(ball starts moving). If the ball starts off moving left , the left side user’s phone should be controlling the location of the ball via the physics engine and send that data to the other user, who would take that data and update the location of their ball, not controlled by physics. When the ball is hit by a user’s paddle, swap control so the other user’s physics engine takes over moving the ball.  Doing it this way will help avoid sync errors by having the users who needs to be in sync controlling the ball. 

Chris