Remote Push Notifications for Android

In these days we want to begin a new our company project where we will use a Push Notification feature, and this feature is important for us also for Android platform.

According to Roadmap, Push Notification for Android should have been released on Aug/Sep 2012.

When can we expect for first beta-release with this feature inside it? Thanks

Is there any WA, for now, to send Push Notifications to Android devices with Corona? [import]uid: 172733 topic_id: 30902 reply_id: 330902[/import]

Same question, as push notifications are becoming more and more important to drive users back to your mobile games (esp. social).

It’s currently impossible to perform a DrawSomething - like social game with Corona SDK without Android push notifications… [import]uid: 108616 topic_id: 30902 reply_id: 124515[/import]

I’m also was making a app with some drawing functions but after you draw some things the app will become very slow because Corona redraw the entire screen with all points or lines that are already on screen. The same with your game ? [import]uid: 138389 topic_id: 30902 reply_id: 124531[/import]

I’m not currently using any drawing function.

I was referring to the push notification feature, which is used extensively in the social loop of games like Draw Something, Words with Friends, Songpop, etc.

Corona needs to add support for the push notification feature that Google provides on the Android plateform.

[import]uid: 108616 topic_id: 30902 reply_id: 124552[/import]

Same question, as push notifications are becoming more and more important to drive users back to your mobile games (esp. social).

It’s currently impossible to perform a DrawSomething - like social game with Corona SDK without Android push notifications… [import]uid: 108616 topic_id: 30902 reply_id: 124515[/import]

I’m also was making a app with some drawing functions but after you draw some things the app will become very slow because Corona redraw the entire screen with all points or lines that are already on screen. The same with your game ? [import]uid: 138389 topic_id: 30902 reply_id: 124531[/import]

I’m not currently using any drawing function.

I was referring to the push notification feature, which is used extensively in the social loop of games like Draw Something, Words with Friends, Songpop, etc.

Corona needs to add support for the push notification feature that Google provides on the Android plateform.

[import]uid: 108616 topic_id: 30902 reply_id: 124552[/import]